dolarbilz Posted May 8, 2015 Report Posted May 8, 2015 now im wondering what i should do with my kickers Put on craigslist and sell them.
RooTxBeeR Posted May 8, 2015 Report Posted May 8, 2015 Since you need around 6k. There is not to many 6k amps. I would suggest if you can find a sundown NS-1. Or check out their SCV series, that will power those subs and make them super happy. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Awaiting_Equinox Posted May 8, 2015 Author Report Posted May 8, 2015 gna sell these kickers and put the money towards the other things I need. that scv6k is nice, but the msrp on it.. I mean I can get two 3500s for around the same price. what size alt would you guys recommend for my set up? 6-7k bass and bewbs.. and beer
dolarbilz Posted May 8, 2015 Report Posted May 8, 2015 http://singeralternators.com/ This would be a great person to ask about alts Or try mechman.
RooTxBeeR Posted May 8, 2015 Report Posted May 8, 2015 If you can only got one alternator. Get the biggest one possible 300+. If you can do 2, try for 2 250+ models. The closer you get your charging source amp draw capabilities towards the actual current draw from the system, the less reserve required, and less stress on the alts also. The best bet is to have an alt power everything fully. Which is doable up to a few thousand watts, but once you go above 5k that starts getting hard. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Awaiting_Equinox Posted May 8, 2015 Author Report Posted May 8, 2015 I took a look at singer alt website. im gna fill out the form they have there and see what will work best in my application. if 1 alt is a possibility than that's what I want to go with. one big alt bass and bewbs.. and beer
RooTxBeeR Posted May 8, 2015 Report Posted May 8, 2015 There are other companies too. You got mechman, DC power, Ohio generators and excessive amperage. Check them all out for a feel. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Awaiting_Equinox Posted May 9, 2015 Author Report Posted May 9, 2015 will do, question. am I in the cool kids club now?? since im running AA and not kicker LoL bass and bewbs.. and beer
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.