Second Skin Audio

Enclosure as a seat

they both look really good, a 4th would be cool just for the wow factor of being able to fit a 4th order under the back seats... but in your sketch up of it, your sealed chamber looks substantially larger than the ported, like almost 1:2, is the sub displacement that much or is there some kind of trick my eyes are playing on me?

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

they both look really good, a 4th would be cool just for the wow factor of being able to fit a 4th order under the back seats... but in your sketch up of it, your sealed chamber looks substantially larger than the ported, like almost 1:2, is the sub displacement that much or is there some kind of trick my eyes are playing on me?

You're confusing the chambers, the rear chamber is the ported one.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

OHHHH sneaky sneaky, i like

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Yeah my next step is going to be to take these designs to the upholstery shop around the corner from me, and see what they say as far as covering it and adding a seat etc.

I also have left out, and have accounted for, a steel cage in the enclosure. This will provide some safety and stability and anchoring points to attach the seats to the truck. My plan is to use the same bolt holes as stock and just bolt it in as I would with a stock seat.

Also now contemplating doing a new seat back as well. Thinking maybe if i just do the whole thing in an enclosed steel cage, it'll be all custom and looking nice. But I don't know yet.

Archived