Sonic Electronix

Static & Whine through speakers

I havent been on here in a while.

I recently got a newer car, a 2007 Dodge caliber. and I've Been working on the cars audio setup. I installed a dualxhdr6435 HU.

I had it in my previous car, and I never noticed anything wrong. when I turn the car on the hum, whine is louder and when I accelerate. And when it's off its just static. And I also am getting a quiet pop when I apply the brakes. I have checked the ground and power wires, everything is good no loose connections. I ran 2 sets of 8g power and ground wires and both power run into a 150amp fuse. (had left over from when I had a sub) and I ran them into a 2 4g input to 8 8g output distribution block, and I noticed the whine and static before I added the block In.

I ran 2 sets of new rcas on the opposite sides that I ran the power and ground wires, and I still have the problem, I made sure no rcas are near any Weiss

And when I try adding the second amp which is a dual 400 watt 2ch amp for the stock Boston Acoustics 8" sub I get gnarly scratching and popping from the sub but it sounds like the sub is fine..

If anyone can help that would be great!

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 2.0L

Flowmaster Single muffler + Tip

4 SoundQubed 6x9s 3-way

PolkAudio PA660.4

2 MB Quart Tweeters

2 4" MB Quart 2-way

New 8" coming soon!

I ran straight from the battery to block to amps

4 SoundQubed 6x9s 3-way

PolkAudio PA660.4

2 MB Quart Tweeters

2 4" MB Quart 2-way

New 8" coming soon!

what should i do to try and fix that? It doesnt make sense because everything seems fine. I had the HU installed when they did my HIDs because they gave me a deal since i had the HU in my car. plus i didnt have to get a harness kit they had one.

I noticed that there is 2 wires for power and ground going to the amp could that be why?

Why is the sub is making the noises it is. I tried using the stock amp power and ground wires and it did the same thing, and now the new power and ground is doing it to. So i just left the amp off until i can figure it out, the sub sounds great but when there is no signal to it i hear it. the fuse on the amp is fine.

Here is the block i got,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360224637295?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

4 SoundQubed 6x9s 3-way

PolkAudio PA660.4

2 MB Quart Tweeters

2 4" MB Quart 2-way

New 8" coming soon!

Try grounding to head unit straight to bare metal instead of tied into the factory harness which is how I'll pretty much garuntee was done.

Some pics of the install really could help us help you.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Ok here are some pics.

there are 2 black and 2 yellow from harness into stereo.

then the red wire from stereo into a long yellow that goes towards the cigarette lighter.

IMAG0528.jpg

IMAG0527.jpg

IMAG0525.jpg

Heres my block:
IMAG0520.jpg

Heres my battery connections:

IMAG05181.jpg
IMAG0517.jpg

IMAG0516.jpg

4 SoundQubed 6x9s 3-way