Black Beauty Project Build - 06 Ford F-250 Super Duty **1/27/18 - New pics starting on page 41**

Ok, the Remote part is done! Check it out.

Starting the next step, I drew out the front and back panels. On the front panel, you can see the pencil marks, I extended the ends a half inch so that I could have "ears" for lack of a better term to mount the remote with. This is 1/4" aluminum.

IMG_3591.jpg

Cut the pieces out with the chop saw.

IMG_3592.jpg

IMG_3593.jpg

IMG_3594.jpg

Before I could go on with the aluminum, I had to make a new template for the bigger panel.

IMG_3595.jpg

Like before, I used the original front cover to make the new template.

IMG_3596.jpg

Obviously I had to do this in two passes since the panel isn't as long as the new template. So I used the flush trim bit and went as far as I could.

IMG_3599.jpg

Then I moved the panel down to finish off the template.

IMG_3600.jpg

Using double sided foam tape, I got the back panel and back panel template put together and ready for the router.

IMG_3597.jpg

IMG_3598.jpg

Going to do the same thing with the front panel.

IMG_3601.jpg

IMG_3602.jpg

Comparison, original template and new longer template.

IMG_3603.jpg

Blurry pic of the flush trim bit.

IMG_3604.jpg

Both done and ready to start drilling out.

IMG_3605.jpg

IMG_3606.jpg

And the mess. Big Big mess. It's all over the ground too. EVERYWHERE!!

IMG_3607.jpg

Getting the front panel marked up and ready for the drill press.

IMG_3608.jpg

The back panel too. The HDMI port is going to be tricky to do.

IMG_3609.jpg

Lets get to drilling! One of many bits I'll use.

IMG_3610.jpg

I drilled all the holes out with a 1/8" bit to start. I messed up unfortunately, and didn't set up my deck properly so the outside mounting holes on the front panel were messed up. Not happy about this but for now, version 1, I'll just live with it.

IMG_3611.jpg

IMG_3613.jpg

IMG_3614.jpg

Time to drill out the counter sink holes and widen the center knob holes.

IMG_3615.jpg

IMG_3616.jpg

IMG_3617.jpg

Next job was the HDMI port. The idea here was to drill it out, with big bits, and then use the files I bought to get it all cleaned up.

IMG_3618.jpg

THAAAAATTTTT didn't work the way I wanted it to. I held the panel on the deck with a clamp, and the clamp didn't hold. So the hole moved as you can see. I may redo this, but maybe I 'll just leave it too. I don't know just yet.

IMG_3619.jpg

On to the next sized bit for the knob holes.

IMG_3620.jpg

IMG_3621.jpg

They fit with absolutely zero issues. I couldn't believe it. Perfect fit! This excites the hell out of me!!

IMG_3622.jpg

IMG_3623.jpg

So here you can see where the mounting holes, the holes that mount to the case itself, were off. The outer holes I think are ok, but the left side holes were too high. Not happy about this, again, but for now, I'll leave it. The only thing you'll notice when it's installed, are the screws being higher than the others. So it may be worth leaving alone for version 1.

IMG_3624.jpg

After a little file work, this is where the HDMI port ended up. I'm not excited about this either, but I'll leave it for now. No one will see it when it's installed.

IMG_3625.jpg

It's pretty rough. Now I need to get the screw holes in there so I can hold the HDMI port to the panel. The way it will work, is the knobs will attach to the front panel, and then that will get screwed to the case. Then the HDMI Port will be screwed to the back panel to hole it in place. Then the back panel will be screwed on to the case as well.

IMG_3626.jpg

IMG_3627.jpg

I got the panel nuts screwed to the HDMI Port with screws from behind it. This makes it so that I can attach it to the panel with screws from the outside.

IMG_3630.jpg

Unfortunately, the screws I bought for the outside to screw the HDMI Port to the panel, were too long. The short ones were too short. So I improvised.

IMG_3628.jpg

IMG_3629.jpg

And it worked. This allowed me to use the shorter screws, by countersinking the panel nuts in the panel. It also allowed the HDMI Port to sit flush with the outside of the panel.

IMG_3632.jpg

IMG_3631.jpg

Final views, before I put the top cover on.

IMG_3633.jpg

IMG_3634.jpg

Threw the knobs on.

IMG_3635.jpg

IMG_3636.jpg

Top cover on, and it's all done. Still raw, needs to be painted, but it's pretty much done. I'll need to double check the front pots, and make sure no wires are touching the panel. I may have to snip some back. But for the most part, I'd say she's done. Time to move on to the next step of this project!

IMG_3637.jpg

IMG_3638.jpg

Let's plug it in and see what it looks like.

IMG_3640.jpg

It actually hides the messy hole a bit. Snaps in nice and tight and that's going to work well as far as this part goes. I won't know until the main unit is done, if it's going to work completely or not. That part is up next.

IMG_3641.jpg

Your attention to detail and abilities in general astound me in every part of your builds, teach me the ways of the force jedi master?? I always look forward to your updates, they're so detailed and epic! Can't wait to see your screen build now!

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Archived