Black Beauty Project Build - 06 Ford F-250 Super Duty **1/27/18 - New pics starting on page 41**

Santa Rabe stopped by on Saturday night! Brought me these things!

20151220_094334.jpg

Sat down and did some figuring, and I need a bunch of those 4 input set screw battery terminals. But, for the most part I'm ready to go. Need to get some techflex ordered now. Not an issue.

That's all. I went to buy a scroll saw this weekend at Home Depot to work on the end panels for the SDU, but the one by me didn't have one. I'm going to try and get by the other one I know has one today.

I know I keep saying I'm going to work on it, I'm going to work on it, and to my own defense I've been trying, but there's some serious shit going on at home right now and i'm needed there right now. SO it's hard to get out to the shop and do some stuff. I tried this weekend, but like I said I couldn't pick up the saw. So that got put off. It'll happen.

That is all.

Merry Christmas to me.

20151222_200310.jpg

So I bought this stuff because my shop needs a serious overhaul. I'm going to finish this SDU, and then before I start building on the truck, I'm going to basically tear everything out of the shop, and build some carts.

I'm going to build a few rolling tables, one that houses my table saw and router, and also has a flip up table for cutting big sheets of ply. Then I'm going to make another one that is going to house the band saw, scroll saw, drill press and grinder. But my plan is to make them be quick disconnect, if you will. I will make cabinets for each one, in this one cart, and I want to be able to pull whatever it is I need out of the cabinet, and set it on the top and secure it. I'm working on the designs.

The third will be a work table type cart. I bought a Milwaukee, well my brother bought it for me for working on his house for him, tool chest. I love it, but I've wanted to bottom too. Well, I can't seem to find one, so I'm going to make one that will work very similar to it. But it'll be fully functional and I'll be able to roll it out. I want to build a table so to speak that the tool chest will sit on, and stay there, and then this work cart will slide in under it when not in use.

The last thing i want to do is build a stationary cabinet that goes the length of the back of my shop. This will be for the chop saw. I have a Ridgid 12" sliding compound miter saw, and I'm not sure if it'll work or not. It may be too big. I'll have to wait and see.

So that's what's up. I have the tools now to try and make the SDU end panels. SO hopefully, I'll get those done this weekend.

Yes I am. Well right now nothing is working for me. My shop is an absolute mess because there's no dedicated spot for anything, my table saw and chop saw are a mess because they just sit out and get rained on etc. SO they both either need to be overhauled and restored or tossed and get new ones. SO this is going to be much better in the long run, I'll be able to have dedicated spots for tools, so even if I have to put things away in a rush, they're still in their spots.

But, this will help me big time when I go to build the sub enclosure and the rest of the stuff in the truck. I have to do this. I just want to make sure and get this SDU up and running and tested, otherwise it'll get lost in the shuffle and something will get missed or messed up.

My plan right now is to get on finishing that this weekend, and then hopefully in the next couple of weeks that will be done and then I'll start on the shop.

It must be nice to have the room for everything, or at least a place to put everything. I own a condo and don't have the luxury of space. I envy your space!

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander
Sony 712

Soundqubed HDS208

Alpine MRV-M500

Transmission line enclosure

Soundqubed wiring

Knu rca

XS Power battery

CNF terminals

Thanks, I am very lucky to have a shop. Albeit a small shop, it's only about 12 x 14 or 16 or something like that. It wasn't laid out well as far as where the doors are, and it's been a struggle to keep it organized. Hence why i'm doing this. I'm actually planning on closing in the door that's there currently, and then on the end of the shop, make a couple of double doors that lead out to a patio of some sort. Probably concrete eventually, but most likely stepping stones for now. We'll see. I need to build some sort of overhang too so I can work in any weather.

I'm going to try and convince my wife that we need to expand the shop, like 10', but I'm sure that won't go over real well. LOL.

The problem, as I said, is there's no dedicated spot for anything, and with the shop being so cramped for space, it gets out of control fast. Then I end up spending an entire weekend cleaning it.

So we'll see how it goes. Lots of work to do on it, not much time to do it, or money for that matter.

if you ever come across a commerical remodel that is getting rid of abunch of sheet metal, from walls or ceilings or whatever, grab that shit scott! My dad and me built a 24x12 storage shed with sliding doors for less than $250 using recycled building supplies, some new square stock, and a busted down light pole. Oh and the $250 included 4 tons of screenings for the floor

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

if you ever come across a commerical remodel that is getting rid of abunch of sheet metal, from walls or ceilings or whatever, grab that shit scott! My dad and me built a 24x12 storage shed with sliding doors for less than $250 using recycled building supplies, some new square stock, and a busted down light pole. Oh and the $250 included 4 tons of screenings for the floor

That's a good idea. I already have a wood sticked building, so I'll probably just stick with that, but that is a good idea.

What were the screenings you were talking about. I'm not familiar with that.

Shit just got real lol. Cant wait to see the outcome of this project :)

Oh and nice Ryobi gear. You cant go wrong with their new series, saving up for an impact from them.

Yeah, I normally wouldn't go with it, not because it's bad, but because they don't normally stand up to the wear and tear of daily abuse. But I'm not a contractor anymore and they won't get daily use so I think they'll be fine for what I'm looking for. I've heard good things about the new series too. They seem to be more durable than the blue series. So we'll see.

Thanks for checking in. Hopefully I can have some good updates soon. My mother in law will be over for Christmas Eve dinner so I'll be looking to get away, so I may spend the night at the computer with Sketch up going and doing some designs for these changes. I may not post them here though, I'll try and keep this thing on track with audio updates instead.

Oh, I forgot. I went out and got the plunge router too last night. I couldn't stand it. The more I thought about it, when I make the router table and table saw cart, I already have the fixed base router for it, a Porter Cable I bought a while back. So I wanted another router that I could do speaker rings, and circles and freehand stuff with. Then I thought why not a plunge router for all that. SO, I stopped by my Home away from home, and looked. Well the only plunge router that they carry at my local store, is a Ryobi. So I figured ok, we'll see how it holds up. Got the warranty so why not.

I didn't take a picture of that yet, but i will. I need to either make a circle jig, or buy one now. I'll probably make one.

Archived