Second Skin Audio

need quick help with pvc port sizing, i am bad at math!

Like said. Im not very good at math and sometimes i feel like my calcuations are wrong.

My box is sealed, and my height and depth are 14 inches. The width is 26 inches.

I built the box to those measurments so the box would fit in this spot in my trunk so i cant just make a new box and if i did it would be a big hassle, the sub is a 2 ohm 2012 rockford fosgate t1.

Also i like lows!!! So i would perferably like a port tuned to a low frequency.

Songs i frequently listen to for bass are

Walk with a waddle gucci mane

Holy ghost rick ross

Itchin rick ross

Those are the lowz i like, my box hits them very well right now. But i would like them louder and for my sub to be able to breath a little better.

Thanks guys!

Please post port size and length for pvc pipe! Or if i am better off leaving sealed

If you port the enclosure it will be a little on the small side for that sub.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

You are probably going to have a hard time fitting enough port area in that box. I'd just leave it sealed.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

If you just wont do a proper ported box check out Rockford's "optimum" suggestion (in the manual), tune lower, you have the space, surely not the best but maybe is all you are needing.

How is the box to small to port? Rockfords ported encloser is recommended at 1.75 and mine is at 2.9? Almost 3 cubes.. How many cubes no i need to port it? Is it cause i want lows that the box needs to be bigger?

Sorry if i sound like a noob im just used to buying things already setup so its technically my first build

14x26x14 is 2.2 cubic feet gross ( internal empty volume of the box ), taking away the displacement of the sub (0.107 cf ) you get 1.97 cubic feet net, since that's gigantinc for a selaled box there is 0.24 cubic feet to setup a port and reach the RF's suggestion.

Ohh okay, still confused why my calculator says 2.9. will i be able to achieve more loudness and deep lows with a port? What size port should i get and how long should it be?

Because you are calculating the external dimensions.

The t1 12's like 2.25cf net and you don't have that.

I know what the recommendation says but that's not what I found to work best for mine.

They also recommend a 4in diameter port which also isn't ideal.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Ohh okay, still confused why my calculator says 2.9. will i be able to achieve more loudness and deep lows with a port? What size port should i get and how long should it be?

Ported is going to be more efficient than sealed and if you pick the right tuning it can lift up your low end too. RF uses a 4" round port in their "Optimal" suggestion (please review the manual). If want to try this just make sure you get a flared port kit like the PSP ones. For single round port design Torres calculator is adequate, use that if you have access to a windows PC.

Archived