jaydelriotx Posted May 22, 2015 Report Posted May 22, 2015 I have 4 12 Rockford p2d2 in a sealed prefab diamond shaped box,on a rockford t10001bdcp , listen to mostly rap,bass music,would I benefit from switching to 2 15"s in a ported box, space is about 45",20+",20+", vehicle is a H2 HUMMER
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted May 22, 2015 Report Posted May 22, 2015 Welcome to the forum. There is a no vs. Thread rule here. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted May 22, 2015 Report Posted May 22, 2015 I don't make the rules so I don't know why it is but that's how it is. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
boometro Posted May 22, 2015 Report Posted May 22, 2015 the 4 12" subs will have more cone area but the 15's could have the potential in the ported enclosure to be louder. don't understand why its so hard to answer his question with your opinion. he was not comparing different companies. he just asked for opinions from what i read.
dolarbilz Posted May 22, 2015 Report Posted May 22, 2015 the 4 12" subs will have more cone area but the 15's could have the potential in the ported enclosure to be louder. don't understand why its so hard to answer his question with your opinion. he was not comparing different companies. he just asked for opinions from what i read. Cause there no real answer unless you try it..its all opinions.
jaydelriotx Posted May 22, 2015 Author Report Posted May 22, 2015 Thanks for response boometro, yeah I have a feeling the 15"s ported will sound better for my music preferences, ,the 4 12"s look cool,and punch very hard and tight, but I'd rather it sound more boomier and slow,if that makes sense?
boometro Posted May 22, 2015 Report Posted May 22, 2015 the 4 12" subs will have more cone area but the 15's could have the potential in the ported enclosure to be louder. don't understand why its so hard to answer his question with your opinion. he was not comparing different companies. he just asked for opinions from what i read. Cause there no real answer unless you try it..its all opinions. i took his question as he was asking for opinions. when some do not answer they are just being #$%@&. there is nothing wrong with one's opinion when someone is asking for it. Thanks for response boometro, yeah I have a feeling the 15"s ported will sound better for my music preferences, ,the 4 12"s look cool,and punch very hard and tight, but I'd rather it sound more boomier and slow,if that makes sense? upgrade to the 15's ported. you will get lower bass if tuned correctly and will still have some quality.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.