2012 Malibu system upgrades: wiring & prep.

Well. The video of Rick James , super freak sounded good. I could hear the mids and high and bass. Got to love the mix of them all for me.Pretty much how I roll for the most part. 80's rock and a ton of R$B . Yes sir. Ole yes decaf is in the mix bitches ha ha .

Don't know what I was thinking. Also as said like others, very clean installer sir.

Well. The video of Rick James , super freak sounded good. I could hear the mids and high and bass. Got to love the mix of them all for me.Pretty much how I roll for the most part. 80's rock and a ton of R$B . Yes sir. Ole yes decaf is in the mix bitches ha ha .

Don't know what I was thinking. Also as said like others, very clean installer sir.

Thank you sir. I like a lot of classic rock and the wife like the rap and R&B and it sounds pretty good on both. Fun project - the wife nagging. But she like it now.

• 1 month later...

No new pics but ordered a PAC GM 11 and a new Kenwood DDX272 for the wife's car. I have the mounting bracket, and ordered parking brake switch for DVD player. HU should be a big improvement over stock with some EQ-ing options. Main reason is all the chimes that come thru the speakers and that i have put this much into the system whats a few more dollars and 10 more hours to redo shit. lol

with the new HU i also plan next summer to buy new A-pillar to fab in 4" mids and tweeter, run passive off a small amp. (MIght try HU power but i know it wont be enough.) I was thinking higher end mids and highs to compliment the T3 6.5 midbass in the doors. So that's the long term plan on this build as of now.

I bought a new house a month ago and after getting it set up by the holidays i will be hard at the audio systems. My son's 94 GMC truck with a CZ702 for a good platform to begin his system next summer. My Lancer needs put back together, and the wifes HU install. Then repaint the Lancer by spring. Lots to do, just need to get set up to do it all.

Just went through the entire install. Looks good. Very clean.

Thank you sir. I try and now that i have a garage i can take my time and put out better quality installs IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Kenwood HU and PAC GM-11 showed up today. Now i can make up the wiring harness, and locate my crossovers for the tweeters since i will be running them of HU power. Moved and still unpacking shit. I have all the wiring i need now to do this on a week soon( ha cant hardle get into the garage...

I think this will be a decent HU, fix the amplified chimes & ding's. Plus look better.

I priced out A pillars on Ebay for $47 each so this spring i will order some up. Looking at Hertz 4" components ($250 amazon) and then get a PBR 300x2 to run passive in the A pillars and run the T3's in the doors active of the T400-4 front ch. Should real good after that.

IMG_2339_zpsohndsxvw.jpg

I had time today to make up the wiring harness. The wife seems cool with the upgrades. I showed her the HU last night and explained what all i had to do on the install. Keep in the loop that i will need the car for a day to swap out HU, run RCA's, Remote wire, Crossovers and tune the system.

IMG_2342_zpswz9jfx5w.jpg

Shooting for Thanksgiving weekend. Getting excited to hear the difference and have a nicer HU in the car. Like i should have done from the start but trying to do build on small budget.

The RF crossover will be wired in off HU front ch untill next summer when i build A pillar pods and put some comps in there. I will have everything under the dash ready to go when that happens.

IMG_2343_zpsqgj8ucze.jpg

That about it for now until install happens.

I got the garage cleaned up enough to do the wife's HU in the Malibu this weekend. Organization will come in time but considering yesterday morning i couldn't walk around my car it is a huge improvement. shelving and OCD organization will come later. For now i can work on shit, Hell Ya............

IMG_2384_zpsjoiuf2pp.jpg

And when i am done with her's i can get back to working on the Lancer. I got HU harness from this....

IMG_2385_zpstx9tqk6s.jpg

To this.....

IMG_2388_zpskvy2jnpo.jpg

It is so nice to be able to sit down in peace to prep this kind of shit and be just waiting on the day and car to put it in. More updates when i install.

Archived