Sonic Electronix

So, went to my very first spl comp yesterday...

That'd make sense.. Thanks lol.. Still pretty new and learning things.

Bass head in training. Trying to learn everything I can.

2014 Dodge Dart GT

Synergy Audio WFO 15.1 V2 (Prototype)

Sundown X12

You're doing just fine dude. Did you enjoy competing?

Curious, what did the guy that hit a 151.7 have for equipment?

Oh, I loved it. The guy running the comp asked what all I was running so he could put me in the correct class and was surprised it was my first comp after he knew what all I had into it. lol He also was pretty much begging me to come the next one up in Washington that he's running.

I'm not entirely sure what he was running. Looked like 4 12s in a ported but not 100% on that. All I really know was that he was sporting Ground Zero on everything. His Audi was wrapped showing the sponsorship and he had a team shirt

Good job. Nice score. Don't even worry about people judging your equipment. Its your setup and what you like/bought. There's always gonna be some haters out there that have no life, and get enjoyment off bashing other peoples gear. Let em. Again nice job at that comp and just keep going up. :)

Thanks man. I just saw all over the forum people going off about VM so I was just a little hesitant about even posting on here. They've been good to me so far and the company contacted me about replacing all of my subs with new ones after the competition so they can test/improve them from being ran hard for about a year and a half. I love their customer service.. the bigger name brand companies gave me a bad taste when talking to them. I blew a 12" sub within 6 months of owning it from Kicker and it was like pulling teeth trying to warranty it. They drug out the exchange so long that my warranty expired and then they told me they can't warranty it because it's no longer covered. So I found someone knew after a few other companies giving me hassle and VM has been on the ball if/when I need anything.

IMO, that's a pretty solid score for a beginner. Anything over 140dB on less than 2k in a daily type box is good.

I'm sure the guy meant that 55hz was your peak. Just letting you know since the frequency isn't displayed on the screen that competitors and spectators see.

Tops in the 2k clamped class is ~ 156dB (just for reference).

Sorry to thread Jack but how do you determine what class you our? I'm trying to figure this out because I will be doing my first comp soon.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Archived