cj_parks16 Posted May 28, 2015 Report Posted May 28, 2015 I have 1 sundown sa-12 Dual 2 ohm and running a hifonics BRX1200 @ 1ohm. I am very unexpierienced and have never built a box before. I have 15(h) x 16.75(d) x 27(w) trunk space that I am willing to work with. The recommended enclosure is 2.0ft^3 tuned to 35hz but I am unsure if that will give me the best output. Any designs/help is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.
Joe X Posted May 28, 2015 Report Posted May 28, 2015 Here is a suggestion for a trunk car, some extra port area for your application, power: no more than 1K unclipped power, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 2 3/8", figure is just an assembly guide: NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.
cj_parks16 Posted May 28, 2015 Author Report Posted May 28, 2015 Thanks for your help, Im definately going to use this design. And why cant I go over 1k?
Joe X Posted May 29, 2015 Report Posted May 29, 2015 The notices are just safety guidelines, if you go over the 1K just need to take a lot of care in the setup process, start with the subsonic filter at tuning and go down from there.
Joe X Posted May 29, 2015 Report Posted May 29, 2015 You don't but if you would like to do some you can.
toysareforboys Posted May 31, 2015 Report Posted May 31, 2015 Sexy box joe Do you do 6th order bandpass , tapped horn, t-line boxes too? -Jamie M.
Karkov Posted May 31, 2015 Report Posted May 31, 2015 Joe X, clean your inbox out please, lol 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.