Sundown Audio

3000 watt amp

d-nice88

3000 watts is below rated, youre not going over power two dc lvl 4 15s

your budget can get you a cheaper 3000 watt amp but you want to overpower?? better put another $300 on there

Will it be ok if I got an amp that does over 3000 watts for those speakers and wire them down to 1 ohm ? I DONT want to over power them and damage them

If you are worried about overpowering them, then find an amp that does 2-2.5 @ 1 ohm or don't wire at 1 if you get a 3K...but an extra 350 on each sub wont hurt

Hey man. Just saw this thread after you asked about my amp. The DC3k will definitely be fine at 1ohm. I've ran other dc3k amps down to .25ohm and they were champs (the one I have for sale hasn't been wired nearly that low).

As for the subs, it'll be fine. Just be absolutely sure you don't turn the gain up too high and clip the signal. As long as you don't have clipping, you wont blow those subs with 3kw. I can help you set the gains if you don't know how.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived