Is this a bad idea ?, why?

Go-N-Def

1 in each door.

So you have a 4 door vehicle ... Ok

So where do you plan to install the tweeters ??

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Explorer. If 1 set, I'm putting them near the side mirrors on the door or in the panel near speakers. I'm not 100% still planning.

Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL

Your signature makes no sense ... LOL

Ok gotcha ... tweets in the sail pannels and a driver in each door.

Yes, you would want to run each driver on their own channel of a four channel amplifier using the front and rear rcas of the headunit.

You really need to split your front rcas for a 2 channel amplifier to run the tweeters ... but to be honest, using headunit power will work ... but not recommended.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Distortion is the biggest problem when using the H/U for power.

Best bet is to bi-amp them for the best results, or to use H/U power on all speakers, it tends to be one way or the other.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I wasn't expecting to see much distortion to a set of tweeters. They can require much power to get them going.

Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL

How about this? My amp is a zapco I-450. On channel 3/4 using 2 sets of silver flutes @ ohm for 125 watts per channel, Channel 1/2, 1 or 2 sets of rt1's

Archived