Could it be my alternator?

That auto zone machine is junk just so we all know.

We took my buddy's trailblazer there when we put in his DC alt just to see what it put out and it said the alt was bad.

The also can't properly test agm batteries.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I don't shop there at all because the parts are junk.

Sure you get a lifetime warranty but I'd rather not replace the parts every couple months.

I get oem parts for next to nothing anyways, perks of having a friend who manages a distributor.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I'm hoping I did something wrong.. Turned the clamp meter to dc 400A, zero'd it, and clamped on my alt positive wire. Then played my system full tilt, and the meter went from 6a to only 34a at the highest.

This is the meter I got

http://m.sears.com/craftsman-digital-clamp-on-ammeter/p-03482369000P

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

no change. played a 35 hz tone full tilt and the meter read 27a... i dont think my car would hold over 13v if it was only putting out 30a. what am i doing wrong?

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Clamp your wire leading into your amp and see how much it's drawing.

Archived