Syphlyn Posted June 3, 2015 Report Posted June 3, 2015 Hey guys, I recently purchased the kenwood KDC-X898 headunit and recently my iPhone 4s has been shitting on me and it won't connect right to my HU via usb sometimes and won't show information ect...it's definitely the phone because if I force restart it it solves the problem for a little bit. I'm looking into swapping phones and getting a Samsung galaxy S5, but I don't think it's compatible with my headunit via USB. So my other options are aux or bluetooth. My main concern is losing quality and introducing distortion/clipping by using anything other than a USB connection. Is auxiliary good or bad? How about bluetooth? Any thoughts or tips? Syphlyns 2000 F150 4.6L V8 H/U: Kendwood KDC-X898 Speakers: 4 x Alpine SPR-68 Speakers 4 Channel Amp: Alpine PDX-F4 Sub: Sundown Zv4 12 Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ-2000D Box: 2.75 Cu Ft @ 31Hz Alternator: Mechman 250A elite series Wiring: All KnuKoncepz 0 gauge OFC + KnuKonceptz Krystal RCAs
cgrez33 Posted June 3, 2015 Report Posted June 3, 2015 I think meade did a test regarding bluethoo and aux on iPhones and it had no clipping on neither. I play music through my phone exclusively through bluetooth Current Build: 1999 Tahoe #ComingSoon Previous Build(s): Crossfire Magnum 5k Pontiac G6 GT
reedal Posted June 3, 2015 Report Posted June 3, 2015 Aux and Bluetooth are a little different because you have to find out where your phone volume distorts at as well. Have you tried a different cable? a buddy of mine has either the 4s or 3G or (not sure, I'll ask him tomorrow when I see him) and his will show the song info for two songs previous to the one playing when he hooks up to my 80prs. Not sure why though SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
reedal Posted June 3, 2015 Report Posted June 3, 2015 I think meade did a test regarding bluethoo and aux on iPhones and it had no clipping on neither. I play music through my phone exclusively through bluetooth Maybe not for Bluetooth, I never tested it. But I know on my iPhone 5 it would distort at 13/16 clicks of the volume on aux (testing via DD-1) SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
cgrez33 Posted June 3, 2015 Report Posted June 3, 2015 Here's the link to the test. Current Build: 1999 Tahoe #ComingSoon Previous Build(s): Crossfire Magnum 5k Pontiac G6 GT
firebirdude Posted June 4, 2015 Report Posted June 4, 2015 With exception of some select brand new Kenwood's (aptx), the bluetooth chip in head units isn't anything special. It will degrade your audio, plain and simple. That 320kbps song streamed via bluetooth sounds like a 128kbps real quick. Don't believe me? Try it yourself. You said the USB still works sometimes. So play the same song via both paths at the same volume level and see for yourself. And nobody has pointed out the irony of complaining about losing audio quality, but yet using compressed MP3s. lol
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.