Reciever channel help

I have a old Sony STR-AV480.

Two cabinet speakers hooked up to channel A and it works great. I hooked both up to channel B and it works great. However when I hook up one speaker to channel A, and one speaker to channel B to play at the same time, I get no sound at all. On the front of the receiver there are the buttons to turn either channel on or off. I can alternate just fine between the two, but when I push them both on, I get nothing.

Any suggestions please? Appreciate it

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

bump

MY BUILD

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

It's made to play a pair of stereo speakers. (left and right) When you only hook one up to the a channels it thinks you don't have everything hooked up correctly (because you don't) and doesn't play.

Why would you want one speaker on channels a and one speaker on channels b anyway?

You can see where it says left and right on the receiver.

I don't understand why you're deliberately hooking things up incorrectly and then wondering why it doesn't work.

My 5.1 receiver doesn't output to any speaker if any of the 5 are disconnected.

Home audio stuff has all kinds of failsafes and protection circuitry.

Just hook it up right, you said it works right when hooked up right, so do that.

I put one on each channel to see if it would play both at the same time. I was not aware I had to have all four speakers hooked up for both channels to work simultaneously.

Dont have to be a prick about it

Thanks for the help

edit: Never hooked up anything with home audio so I had zero clue about all the failsafes and such

MY BUILD

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

Sorry man. I never mean to be a prick, I always come off that way though. I'm just blunt. People that know me know I don't mean anything by it, and people that don't, especially when dealing with people online always think I'm an asshole.

In my head it's hooked up wrong, so I say, 'it's hooked up wrong, don't do that". It seems like a simple and straight forward answer to me. It's the way my parents talked to me my whole life, so I am not phased by it. I understand that other people are.

It's probably when you say something like:

I don't understand why you're deliberately hooking things up incorrectly and then wondering why it doesn't work.

It sounds like you are calling him stupid rather than trying to help or just being blunt.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Hooked up two more speakers. Everything working great! Learn something new everyday

MY BUILD

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

Archived