Orange -DD 712

Yellow - 2 x Fi X 10

Green - Zv3 12

Blue - 2 x SA 10

12" drivers:

12s.jpg

10" drivers:

10s.jpg

first graph i see yellow, orange and red, second graph i see yellow and blue..

i cant find the green, and also can u add in the sundown x12 please?

prob best to do a separate graph for the zv3 and x12 @ 1500rms as they can take that much and prob more and tuned to 36hz

thanks!

Here is a same RMS plot for the considered subs on 1200W RMS:

12" boxes 1.7 net @ 36Hz

2x 10" boxes 1.4 net @ 36Hz

Red - DD 3512

Orange -DD 712

Yellow - 2 x Fi X 10

Green - Zv3 12

Blue - 2 x SA 10

12" drivers:

12s.jpg

10" drivers:

10s.jpg

first graph i see yellow, orange and red, second graph i see yellow and blue..

i cant find the green, and also can u add in the sundown x12 please?

prob best to do a separate graph for the zv3 and x12 @ 1500rms as they can take that much and prob more and tuned to 36hz

thanks!

i must be going color blind but in the first graph, the line that looks like an upside down W, is that green? looks yellow on my screen..

Yes is light green and after the .jpg conversion it looks odd but in the 12"s plot the red and orange are the DD subs and the other one (green) is the Zv3 sub, and yes looks like using a different color might make sense.

The RMS on all subs is the same, one plot is for 12s and one for 10s but you are right, the 12 subs are setup in the same box 1.7@36Hz while the 10s are in a 1.4 @ 36Hz, this is more or less what it could be fit in your dimensions but they can't be directly compared, also the sub up could cost you 2-4 dB, so I thought it would be unreal to put everything in the same plot.

RMS doesn't affect frequency response, but cubic volume does. We are also using different software which calculates cabin gain differently. I would bet if we both posted the results with the same box specs and w/o cabin gain added in they would look pretty much identical.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

ok just got back from my sundown dealer and he said the zv3 would be best for me and my taste in music. I also showed and told him about the graphs and he said they are not accurate as every car has a different cabin gain.

One zv3 12 ported tuned to 32-36hz..

at first he said the x12 but then i told him i dont listen to much rap and super super low end bass stuff so he then said the zv3 is better for the 30+hz range and will play everything loud

so i guess thats what im going to go for... i think... if anyone has anything to add or recommend instead, please say it now.

The graphs with approximated cabin gain may not be 100% accurate, but the other graphs are.

I agree that the Zv3 would be better for what you want to do than the X12 would, based on the frequency response of both. Hard to say for sure w/o knowing what you cabin gain is like though.

Before you buy a sub from you dealer you should ask him to measure what you cabin gain is, then you can make an informed decision. If he doesn't have the ability to do that, I wouldn't buy anything from him, you will just be making a guess at that point.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

The graphs with approximated cabin gain may not be 100% accurate, but the other graphs are.

I agree that the Zv3 would be better for what you want to do than the X12 would, based on the frequency response of both. Hard to say for sure w/o knowing what you cabin gain is like though.

Before you buy a sub from you dealer you should ask him to measure what you cabin gain is, then you can make an informed decision. If he doesn't have the ability to do that, I wouldn't buy anything from him, you will just be making a guess at that point.

i just spent 6 hours doing a huge mod in my car. I made about a 9 x 9 inch square hole in my rear deck in order to let more bass flow into the cabin. And it worked like charm! now im thinking of making it even bigger..

about the sub.. the thing about the x series subs is I LOVE the huge foam surround on that sub.. the zv3 doesnt have that.. the zv3 looks so plain and boring compared to the x12 if you are looking at it directly from the face/top. But performance wise, the zv3 seems to peak in the 30s and 40s and then dip a bit for the rest of the frequencies vs the other subs and the x12 which dips a lot after the 40s, thats what is drawing me towards the zv3..

i will ask him tmrw if he can measure the cabin gain or not.

He also told me there is a build time of 5-6 weeks for the zv3 12..

i could get a DD ts3512 tmrw afternoon and for about 250 bucks cheaper too and have a box made and in my car by friday .. but not sure if its worth paying the extra bit of cash and waiting for month and half for the zv3..

Archived