The one that may have started it all ? DOOM game play.

Anyone have anything to report?! Nearing the end of Uncharted 4 and am going after this next.

I've been loving it a lot. Like really a lot. Fast paced gameplay. Everything feels smooth and well-polished. The gore is phenomenal, if you're into that kind of thing. Overall really fun. Multiplayer is surprisingly good as well.

This is just as intense of a game as it was in the original. 12 y/o me would have had a stroke comparing graphics.

I played the first level on Saturday night, but had to work on stuff in the garage after so quit early. Will get back to it when I can get some stuff done.

All I can say is damn! So keep on mind, I've never played or even seen the original. But holy shit! I do enjoy it. It's exciting, blood pumping, and it's just flat out sick. I love the gore! All good with that. The sounds when the video people are talking are really hard for me to understand, although that may be due to me having to have the volume down cause the kids were in bed.

I have to say though, I have it on "I'm too young to die" mode cause I've never played it, and I'm findi g it really tough. I started on the next mode up, and I was getting killed left and right at the first scene. Now I've gotten pretty far into it but I'm having a hard time still. Feels like the health drops super quick.

The other thing I've noticed is when you do die, and it's happened alot, it seems to take forever to start again. So you select start at the checkpoint and it takes a good 3 - 4 minutes to load. I'm playing off the disk too, not downloaded.

I can't wait to get back to it though.

The thing that gets me most is the amount of fucking content the devs put in, and mostly hidden. I've spent hours scouring the levels for the secrets and still only found a handfull.

Plus the multilayer is rad as all hell. I was always a big Halo player and this MP has me hooked. Fast paced and competetive, and very well balanced. Skill gap is actually pretty noticeable. Not a lot of online FPS games like it recently.

I am finally starting to really get the hang of the map and how to use it. Really getting hooked.

I don't know if it's just the game or if it's just timing, but maybe there's so much detail that it's really having an effect on my eyes. I didn't have any issues with Uncharted series, but I cannot play this game for more than 10 minutes without my eyes watering and burning. I wear glasses, and I don't have any issues otherwise. Interesting.

Oh well, it's fun I'm playing on!!

Probably not blinking enough while you play, used to happen to me a lot back on the PS2 with guitar hero.

Lol. I was gonna say "are you sure your blinking? " lol. Jet motto on the ps1 did that to me. Lol. I was baked as fuck, that may have had something to do with it , but I get the "no blink for 5 hours" thing. Lol.

Oh god, jet moto, that's a game I haven't thought of in a while. Yeah I remember many a rainy Saturday afternoon sitting in the living room playing that for hours on end.

So dry to the point after a long race the first blink your eyes would kinda... stick the first time you tried to close them.

Archived