Sonic Electronix

what to do if your trunk doesn't open

what Toyota break they should fix, not his fault the car has a faulty part that has/will cost a lot of money to fix (yes it is broken due to a stereo being fitted more than likely) interested to see what is actually broken when you get inside it

OP said his sub broke his trunk. This def has nothing to do with a manufacturers defect and the vehicle is out of warranty. I have never heard or seen any problems with the hatches releasing only on the 2nd gens where to release button starts to get worn.

I work on a 2011 Prius today I noticed there is a access panel that can be removed without removing the complete trim on the inside of the hatch. This may give you access to be able get it open manually.

i was able to get in without destroying my box. imagine a worm moving in dirt..... that was me in my trunk. the lock failed due to an skinny screw that snapped off almost the size of an toothpick but fix it using zipties and a lot of ca glue from my recones

4 Fi Q 12s In A Prius on 4 Crescendo BC2000D?! :WTFBubble: That's Absurd (!!!UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!) go follow http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190658-the-first-prius-with-4-12s/

c42977d4-a28f-47b5-a02f-49dbb8697b2d_zps

broke my latch in my volvo(well spray foamed it to where it wouldn't actuate.

drilled and cut a hole beneath the license plate and manually actuated the lever. Replaced the lever and mechanisms after cleaning foam out, siliconed some sheet metal back in place. then deadened the fuck out of it and the license plate.

Yeah, once you fuck up like this once you will never do it again. you will make a backup plan,.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

i was able to get in without destroying my box. imagine a worm moving in dirt..... that was me in my trunk. the lock failed due to an skinny screw that snapped off almost the size of an toothpick but fix it using zipties and a lot of ca glue from my recones

Good to hear you were able to get it open without having to destroy your box

Archived