Second Skin Audio

getting louder

so right now im running two sa-15's on a hifonics be2100, in a 3cu per sub ported enclosure tuned to 34hz. i plan on getting 1 more sa15 and building an enclosure for the three, and getting a new amp(probably a sq2200). i just want to know all the little things i can do to get a little bit louder. ive gotten a secondary battery in my trunk that has about a 1 foot run to the amp, and installed a 240 mechman alt, which made it a little louder. is there anything else i can do to get the most out of my system?

By the way..the amp you're getting is not an upgrade. In fact it's basically the same amp. Look into other brands and see about getting 4 subs if they can fit

By the way..the amp you're getting is not an upgrade. In fact it's basically the same amp. Look into other brands and see about getting 4 subs if they can fit

i want to do 4 subs but i dont have the money for it, do you think 4 e 15s would be better than 2 sa15,s? theyre both rated at 600 watts i just dont know if the e15 can handle the amount of power over rms that the sa can

big three? vehicle? which way are the subs facing? and..which way do you plan on facing the subs and port in the new enclosure? not sure I can help, but these details will help the experts troubleshoot. best of luck!

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

If you are on a budget you could get 3-4 Sa's and get a crescendo bc 3500 or maybe an ampere 3800 as they aren't terrible on the wallet.

I was kind of thinking the same thing.. I wonder what his electric is like though

Its not worth changing from one ~2000 watt amp to another ~2000 watt amp. If you are going to upgrade to a bigger amp, go at least to a 3500-4000 watts.

Also if you are going to add subs, and you have the space, save up so you can go to four SA-15's.

Here is another idea. Buy two more SA-15's. Build a new box for all four, use your existing amp (this will depend on what ohm your current SA-15s are). When you have enough, buy another be2100 amp so you have one amp per two subs, or just buy one big amp and sell your be2100.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived