Second Skin Audio

My Attempt At A T-line

Big, if you ever do that dual tuned tline, please show a build log, That is 1 form of quarter wave box I have not done, but have wanted to for the longest time

I have a design for a 30hz/60hz 8" tline, found a sub with a 45hz Fs which would work perfect in said design.

just to busy with other jobs, and work

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Big, if you ever do that dual tuned tline, please show a build log, That is 1 form of quarter wave box I have not done, but have wanted to for the longest time

I have a design for a 30hz/60hz 8" tline, found a sub with a 45hz Fs which would work perfect in said design.

just to busy with other jobs, and work

If I were to do it, it would most definitely be for home theater use.

Not fitting that in a Bronco II.

I think this truck has incredible cabin gain or something.

Can't hear my bass much outside the truck but inside my nose tickles on certain frequency's.

Oh, BTW,

Exposport,

Slowed down Bass, I Love You = 26hz, 14hz, and 6hz.

On an almost related note.

I set off my first car alarm the other day. :wub:

Thank You Murkin Season by Plies.

Edited by Bigpimpin91

Ive heard some Tlines... They are built for smooth bass, not loud bass. More of a sound quality deal than anything else. I really dont see 1 sub in a Tline being louder than 2 ported.... Just doesnt make sense unless the box wasnt right.

And be very careful on the power. Keep in mind that a Tline isnt an "enclosure". Its a waveguide. It just lets the rear soundwave fully develop before exiting. So the reason that you guys are able to run a bunch of power to these subs is because the extra suspension created behind the sub because of the air pressure in the box. With a Tline, thats just about gone.

Id suggest building a box for 1 sub first and see how you like it before going all out.

Its just a completely different sound. Very smooth down low and very punchy. Just not the "in your face" loud that people associate BTLs with. I personally wouldnt ever put an SPL sub like a BTL/MT/SoloX/etc in a box like this.

What that type of sub is built to accomplish and what that type of waveguide are designed to do just arent the same. One of them just isnt right for the other. Kinda like the wrong tool for the job if you get my drift.

My comparison would be putting tires meant for a smooth ride on a drag car... Yeah, the tires are real nice on cars and give a great, smooth ride, but its just not what fits. You would need the widest, stickiest tires you can get.

My advice is, if you're bored with ported, try a bandpass. Much more efficient.

and ud end up using the same wood almost :)

t-lines are cool and all but ive read to many times of disappointment and eventual removal or t-line in place for a "louder" design

they are amazing in hometheatre

heard a 12" in a 5cuft t-line and helicopters and grenades and explosions shook pictures on the walls two stories up

response was down to 18hz i believe

made me go :o , thats a 12?"

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

hmmm...i get what you're sayin about usin a BTL for it. i would do 1 first to see how it sounded. i want to build another ported box with interchangeable ports too. might just do that cuz i'd like to use all 4 subs i have, and i couldnt fit them in a t-line anyway. gonna sort out a couple things first then see where i stand. thanks for that input ;)