Second Skin Audio

aeroport size

IMHO, no, four or five is not enough. I'd use six at least and seven 6" ports would be better.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

My head is trying to wrap itself around seven 6" ports. At that point you almost have more port area than sub area.

How can you tell when you've reached the point that a slot port is better than a round port?

My head is trying to wrap itself around seven 6" ports. At that point you almost have more port area than sub area.

How can you tell when you've reached the point that a slot port is better than a round port?

It's not as much port area as you would think. A 6" port has 28.25 sq in of area, so seven * 28.25 = 197.75. Two 18" subs have around 375 sq in of cone area. If you look at manufacturer's recommendations on port area for 18"s it's usually around 100 sq in each.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

im thinking im goin to use 4 8" ports that equalls 201 sq in of port

That should work well.

Builds:

Archived