Dewayne89 Posted July 2, 2015 Report Posted July 2, 2015 I have a re sx 18 d2 1000rms and a diamond audio d1000.1. I built a box that uses every bit of space I have and it sounds good but I'm not sure if it's correct. I dunno how to make a blueprint but here are the dimensions. Bottom is 35x35 top is 23x35 height is 17 my port is 15.5 tall 5.5wide and 18 long. If anyone can give me any input I'd greatly appreciate it. I might mention I have 2 1.5 dowels inside that are 15.5 as well.
Dewayne89 Posted July 2, 2015 Author Report Posted July 2, 2015 Oh and the sub and port are both on the front.
prodigal_son Posted July 3, 2015 Report Posted July 3, 2015 Since no one else asked.....is there any discharge?
prodigal_son Posted July 3, 2015 Report Posted July 3, 2015 Sorry Dewayne. Just a poor attempt at a bad joke.
Joe X Posted July 3, 2015 Report Posted July 3, 2015 I have a re sx 18 d2 1000rms and a diamond audio d1000.1. I built a box that uses every bit of space I have and it sounds good but I'm not sure if it's correct. I dunno how to make a blueprint but here are the dimensions. Bottom is 35x35 top is 23x35 height is 17 my port is 15.5 tall 5.5wide and 18 long. If anyone can give me any input I'd greatly appreciate it. I might mention I have 2 1.5 dowels inside that are 15.5 as well. You seem to describe a slanted box and it would be nice to describe how your port is laid out as well, just going by the numbers your box would be 7 cubic feet @ 34Hz with 85 square inches of port area, it looks ok for that sub.
Dewayne89 Posted July 5, 2015 Author Report Posted July 5, 2015 My port runs along the wall and is slanted with the face of the box (it is verticle) it is slanted on both ends of port. The box itself is only slanted on the front. You say it's "ok" are there any obvious improvements?
Joe X Posted July 5, 2015 Report Posted July 5, 2015 Do you have a handmade sketch? What's the vehicle?
Dewayne89 Posted July 5, 2015 Author Report Posted July 5, 2015 It's a 2000 regal. I have a photo but I can't paste it for some reason
reedal Posted July 5, 2015 Report Posted July 5, 2015 Upload the photo to photobucket, copy the image link and paste. And I believe if you're using internet explorer that won't work because this site doesn't like IE or something along those lines. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.