_paralyzed_ Posted July 6, 2015 Report Posted July 6, 2015 If it's as big as it can be, that's about all you can do. It is tuned well. You did good, let it rock!
Dewayne89 Posted July 6, 2015 Author Report Posted July 6, 2015 If it's as big as it can be, that's about all you can do. It is tuned well. You did good, let it rock!Thanks I have lol
Joe X Posted July 6, 2015 Report Posted July 6, 2015 Your box looks good, if you didn't do so average the top and bottom depth of the port to calculate the effective length. The other thing, it looks like you need to apply more sealant to your baffle as it might leak from what I could see.
Dewayne89 Posted July 6, 2015 Author Report Posted July 6, 2015 Your box looks good, if you didn't do so average the top and bottom depth of the port to calculate the effective length. The other thing, it looks like you need to apply more sealant to your baffle as it might leak from what I could see. The ends of my port are parallel. Unfortunately my baffles edges are 90 degrees because I couldn't figure what angles I needed to make them sit flush... Hard to explain. But I just filled the gap in with wood glue and liquid nails. I think it's sealed might have some flex though. The constructive criticism is greatly appreciated though, honestly.
certifiedquality Posted July 9, 2015 Report Posted July 9, 2015 I've always wondered how port length and tuning is calcualted with those wedge boxes with the port on the slanted side. So if i have this correctly, you can either parallel both ends of the port and use the down the middle length or leave the inside port square and just average the top and bottom length to get the effective port length?
Triticum Agricolam Posted July 9, 2015 Report Posted July 9, 2015 I've always wondered how port length and tuning is calcualted with those wedge boxes with the port on the slanted side. So if i have this correctly, you can either parallel both ends of the port and use the down the middle length or leave the inside port square and just average the top and bottom length to get the effective port length? Yup, that's right. Port length calculations aren't an exact science anyway, there are a lot of things that can influence tuning, including how the box is placed in the vehicle. You just try to do as good as you can. If you REALLY want to get the tuning right on, the only way to do it is to leave the port long, test, and then trim down the port until your tuning is where you want. Of course then the weather will change and your tuning will shift a little bit..... "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.