Second Skin Audio

Made a 4th order for an 8 inch L7. Tuned to low.

Made a 4th order for an 8 inch L7 , seems to play in the low 30s very loud , yet anything 40 and up seems all but non existent. The sealed chamber is .72 cubes, the vented is 1.44 with a 2 by 10 tall by 20 long port that should have gotten me at 44 according to my math but I don't think it did. Am I correct in that my next move to try and raise the tuning some would be to shorten the port? It's a slot port by the way.

Why didn't you put that driver in a normal ported and tuned enclosure tuned to 36 htz and call it a day brother ???

Those drivers don't like sealed of any kind from what I remember.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I had it in a vented box already. I wanted to try something new ! It is much much louder ! Just not tuned right.

re-tune it then ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Why didn't you put that driver in a normal ported and tuned enclosure tuned to 36 htz and call it a day brother ???

They do like sealed and sound really good in a sealed enclosure

If he Is talking about the kicker l7

Can you tune it to 48hz

Is the motor in the sealed side. Are the measurements after or before displacement? Pictures would be good if you can post them

They do like sealed and sound really good in a sealed enclosure

If he Is talking about the kicker l7

Not any I've ever heard ... but I will take your word on it thanks.

Yes it's the L7 8. Yes it works very well so far. I'm just looking for advice from someone who's done this before to point me in the right direction on how to tune it back up just a bit.

Back in the day I competed with kicker. On team Kicker ... so no, I don't know anything about them ...

Good luck.

Not Sq wise like you like cable guy but my l7 did like sealed enclouser. They also liked large ported enclosures I mean larger then normal.

Not Sq wise like you like cable guy but my l7 did like sealed enclouser. They also liked large ported enclosures I mean larger then normal.

Lol yea, the 10s that were in my other truck had an enclosure large enough to house today's 15s ... sounded good though !!!

Mine were the L5 solobarics I think ??? Damn I think I'm loosing my memory ... Lol

Archived