The old Water in my oil question.

Happened to the Jimmy as well as the Camaro. You can see the intake failure of the waterjacket seal on either side. For some reason the right side of Chevy motors seem to want to leak more than the left- per the internet. May be some truth to this?

I did see some coolant water drops on the cap after I repaired it. But after wiping the cap a few times, I no longer have water condensation on the cap.

camaroheadgasketamprfhx215%20095_zps6oug

-Frank

i know an intake can cause it.

although, a head gasket blowing between an oil and water jack seem sketchy. I guess it could happen.

my 2005 dodge truck will have moisture on the oil cap when weather gets cooler but summer time its gone. when i pulled my cap the liquid is clear. my guess is some motors will do this to a certain degree but when its that bad in the one picture than you got problems. ive seen water run out the tail pipe. the best way i found to find a blown head gasket is to air up each cylinder and watch for bubbles that way you can narrow it down to what cylinder is messed up. now intake leaks will not dump alot of water in your oil your motor should evaporate most of the water off .

I see that water run out people's tail pipe in summer and winter so what gives? Also, I have seen it happen to sooooooo many makes and models that it's got to just be normal.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

you also watch for steam as the water is comming out the tail pipe. ya i had a 91 chevy with 350 over 300 thousand miles on it had a small intake leak on it was always a little low on water. the oil had water in it but was not milky you could see it on bottom of dip stick i kept on rollin in it didnt seem to hurt nothing.

bad pcv valve can cause moisture on the inside of the oil cap. here is a good read if you want

https://www.autorepairhelp.us/pcv-valve-related-symptoms-and-problems/

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

yes water can get in the oil through the head gasket.. seen it happen many times specially after an engine has overheated

you can also get water in the oil in some engines if you do not put silicon on the head bolts

Archived