Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

soundqubed hdc3 18 box help!!


beanbo12

Recommended Posts

Posted

My buddy just got a hdc3 18 d2. He wants me to help him with his box so I figure i would go with the pros here on the forum. His max dims are 21h x 20d x 40w. Tuned to 35 Hz and will be powered by 1500rms. I'm sure he will up grade in the future to a bigger amp. I saw where AMI customs posted a good list of enclosure list for the hdc3 and 4 line. But after doin other research I see that every one goes with 6 cubes?? That's a .75 to .5 diffrence.

Sub up and port back. Thanks much in advance

Posted

What is your question?

.5 - .75 cubes difference on a 6 cube box isn't going to make a huge difference.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

What is your question?

.5 - .75 cubes difference on a 6 cube box isn't going to make a huge difference.

gained me a db at 55+ levels.

Went from 6.0 per to 6.75 per.

But I have four, take it for what it's worth.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

 

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Posted

Here is a suggestion, seems all the space you have, power: to 2K, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 5", figure is just an assembly guide:

sq18.jpg

bl18pic_zps12sbbhzw.jpg

Posted

gained me a db at 55+ levels.

Went from 6.0 per to 6.75 per.

But I have four, take it for what it's worth.

Yeah I guess it depends on what you consider a huge difference. To the ear 1 db is nothing. But on the meter, at the level you are at, it is huge.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

Hey joe x thanks. He can spare 24" h and 24" d if that will help any at all . I see that you put that is all I u can spare. sorry about that should have put that at the beginning .

Posted

This should be for an SUV (would be best if you mentioned which), if the port is firing back you should make sure the port has at least 5" to the rear gate, total depth is measured from the top of the backseats to the closed rear gate, that depth for the box would need to be 20 for the box + 5 for the port clearance, I can go to 24" if you want but I need to be clear on depth.

Posted

Sorry about that it is go in in the back of a suv and from the top of the back seat to the hatch is 35 and from the bottom of the trunk to top of his back seats is 22. I went over his place and measured. Sorry for the confusion.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2245 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...