Second Skin Audio

soundqubed hdc3 18 box help!!

beanbo12

My buddy just got a hdc3 18 d2. He wants me to help him with his box so I figure i would go with the pros here on the forum. His max dims are 21h x 20d x 40w. Tuned to 35 Hz and will be powered by 1500rms. I'm sure he will up grade in the future to a bigger amp. I saw where AMI customs posted a good list of enclosure list for the hdc3 and 4 line. But after doin other research I see that every one goes with 6 cubes?? That's a .75 to .5 diffrence.

Sub up and port back. Thanks much in advance

What is your question?

.5 - .75 cubes difference on a 6 cube box isn't going to make a huge difference.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

What is your question?

.5 - .75 cubes difference on a 6 cube box isn't going to make a huge difference.

gained me a db at 55+ levels.

Went from 6.0 per to 6.75 per.

But I have four, take it for what it's worth.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

gained me a db at 55+ levels.

Went from 6.0 per to 6.75 per.

But I have four, take it for what it's worth.

Yeah I guess it depends on what you consider a huge difference. To the ear 1 db is nothing. But on the meter, at the level you are at, it is huge.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

This should be for an SUV (would be best if you mentioned which), if the port is firing back you should make sure the port has at least 5" to the rear gate, total depth is measured from the top of the backseats to the closed rear gate, that depth for the box would need to be 20 for the box + 5 for the port clearance, I can go to 24" if you want but I need to be clear on depth.

Archived