Hunter Horton Posted July 23, 2015 Report Posted July 23, 2015 Going to be building a box for 2 12" Zv3s on a Banda 5k. Car is a 2002 Grand Prix. I am considering a trunk wall and just welding in bucket seats so I can still have passengers. Need specs for size of box we should do and the best box for the build? How many cubic feet should it be after displacement,and port size? Would like it tuned to around 32 or 34 hertz. If going with a 4th order should I do a 2:1 ratio etc? Any ideas and info is appreciated!
Joe X Posted July 23, 2015 Report Posted July 23, 2015 Zv3 12s will work on 2 cubic feet each and if I am not mistaken will fit that trunk without modifications, just fire forward and seal off. Not sure if the 2:1 4th bandpass will fit though.
Hunter Horton Posted July 24, 2015 Author Report Posted July 24, 2015 If we were to go with a 4th order we would definitely build it in the trunk no way it could be built then fit in. What size port would you recommend? we are probably goin with aero port.
Triticum Agricolam Posted July 24, 2015 Report Posted July 24, 2015 You probably aren't going to be able to fit an aero port that's large enough without having bends in it. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Hunter Horton Posted July 24, 2015 Author Report Posted July 24, 2015 Even if we just went with a trunk wall and not a 4th order wall? Have a box with 3 4" aero ports currently but isn't the way I want it or tuned to my liking.
all4spl Posted July 24, 2015 Report Posted July 24, 2015 Zv3s actually perform better in smaller than 2cuft of airspace, I have had a pair in 3 different cars and all of the best enclosures I built which were NOT SPL specific were below 2cuft per 12. I would do around 1.5-1.75 per sub after all displacement ported. Retired from SPL again.... 2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db 2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder
Hunter Horton Posted July 24, 2015 Author Report Posted July 24, 2015 Right on man. We talked with some of team aint loud and they recommend starting at 4 cubes after displacement and work our way down if we need to. To be tuned around 34hz what size aero ports would that be if know by chance. Most likely going with a trunk wall
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.