Second Skin Audio

Advice on my build guidelines would be highly appreciated

NEWBIE@SQ

Hi Gang,

I am really new at this sort of thing but would love some assistance, advice, positive and negative critism is also welcome. Since this is a learning curve for me I don't really mind as long as no-one is rude. Well long story short is I have an MK7 Fiesta and I am looking at building a really low and powerful street pounder for everyday use.

Equipment:

2x SA 12"

Taramp HD5000 or HD8000

Extra battery

standard HU

Box will be built by me and i will keep you guys posted with regard to the build. Below are the MAX dimensions available for the build and I would like to tune at 30Hz. Any inout will be highly appreciated.

Have some images of BBPro but i can't seem to upload, I will email them to anyone with advise/

VB 4.3cu.ft

Total 4.687cu.ft

fb 30Hz

QL 6.937

F3 82.13Hz

18mm Marine ply

w=350mm

H=498.5mm

L=950mm

Vent

Round both ends flared before flare 113mm after 200mm

Length = 198.4

Diameter = 113mm

According to BBPro the VV = 33m/s

All external dimensions

A single 113 mm port isn't anywhere near enough port area. Two of those ports won't be enough either.

How many watts are you looking to run?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

For a 1,000 watts of power I would suggest at least 250 sq cm of port area. For 2,000 watts use at least 380 sq cm. Using more in either case won't hurt.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Joe X what i was saying is what ui know about them are dangerous, no one has told me they are dangerous... LOL my knowledge on them are little to none. But i have been working on something after doing some reserach and came up with this let me know if i am on the right track. So my port area should be around 350sq cm as per advise, this i worked out as follows for every cu.ft i need atleast 12 sq.in of port area. so my box is 4.6cu.ft x 12 = 55.2cu.cm of port area. So my port length should be 11inch long x 5inch Wide. gives me 55sq.in = 354.8sq.cm... Please advise if i am on the right track...

Archived