please explain channel summing

when i hear SUM i think of using my rf dsp (the 3sixty.2 back in the day)

it would take channels in from the OEM source, and SUM all outputs, to try and "gain" a full 20-20k band.... :unknw:

thats where my brain goes when i hear "SUM"

when i hear SUM i think of using my rf dsp (the 3sixty.2 back in the day)

it would take channels in from the OEM source, and SUM all outputs, to try and "gain" a full 20-20k band.... :unknw:

thats where my brain goes when i hear "SUM"

Exactly this.

If the signal you feed to the 6ix isn't full range, one needs to sum.

Separate. If it has six outs and you only need four then separate will be fine for the components

Again, you can't just assume this bro. You have no idea the frequency range of the signal input in his specific vehicle.

He doesn't need to reach 20hz with a component set. Bro. He hooks his front and rear speakers to the inputs on the 6ix, runs it in separate, and he will be fine. If he decides to add a sub amp to it, then sum it.

Separate. If it has six outs and you only need four then separate will be fine for the components

Again, you can't just assume this bro. You have no idea the frequency range of the signal input in his specific vehicle.

He doesn't need to reach 20hz with a component set. Bro. He hooks his front and rear speakers to the inputs on the 6ix, runs it in separate, and he will be fine. If he decides to add a sub amp to it, then sum it.

You have no idea what vehicle he drives or what source unit he's using. What if it's a 10-channel BMW with fiber from head unit to amp? You automatically assume he's driving something with only 4 full-range channels out. If that were the case, then why even have the friggin summing device in the first place?

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Archived