Booyah333 Posted July 27, 2015 Report Posted July 27, 2015 i have 4 8's in a wedge style sealed enclosure under my back seat. I built the box to the exact specs for the subs. They are running off of a saz-1200. I keep getting comments on how great it sounds. But I also get comments from people saying how much more i could get out of the subs if the enclosure was ported. Now I know i cant just port the enclosure i have now.. It's not anywhere close to being big enough. I have built plenty of sealed enclosures and only 2 ported. The ported boxes were built from designs i found online. So here is what im getting at. I can get 2.35 cf with the subs installed. That is the max space i can get after lifting my back seats 1 inch. Can anyone help me with porting? I have used the port calculators for slot,square and round. Which is better? How the hell do you slot port a wedge? I would like to port it out the front if thats ok...Just give me some suggestions. I refuse to buy someone elses enclosure because i love building, wiring, and all the things that come along with the installation. I was thinking one 4x4 square port 3.5 inches long with rounded edges right in the middle of the enclosure... What do you guys think? on the port calculators that is being tuned at 36 htz. dont beat me up if im wrong! I dont know everything so I have to rely on the experience of others sometimes....Thanks in advance!!!
Booyah333 Posted July 28, 2015 Author Report Posted July 28, 2015 wow i guess im not the only one that cant figure this out...lol
MrSkippyJ Posted July 28, 2015 Report Posted July 28, 2015 Post what dimensions you can work with, that will help someone design you an enclosure. I'm not good at ported calculations but a 3.5" long port is way too short. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Booyah333 Posted July 29, 2015 Author Report Posted July 29, 2015 52 wide 16 deep 10.5 front height 5.5 rear height
Jayking951 Posted August 1, 2015 Report Posted August 1, 2015 The sd-2 8" as you know are a sealed box sub, I dont recommend porting the sd-2 subs. If you want more output, I'd say go with the sa-8s or sa-10s and slot porting it in the front is definitely possible. Port area is limited in the center due to space around the hump,but can be done.box I made for a Nissan Titan sa-10s, Similar to what your looking for?
Triticum Agricolam Posted August 1, 2015 Report Posted August 1, 2015 The sd-2 8" as you know are a sealed box sub, I dont recommend porting the sd-2 subs. If you want more output, I'd say go with the sa-8s or sa-10s and slot porting it in the front is definitely possible. Port area is limited in the center due to space around the hump,but can be done.box I made for a Nissan Titan sa-10s, Similar to what your looking for? Why wouldn't you port an SD-2 8"? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
ToNasty Posted August 1, 2015 Report Posted August 1, 2015 I agree. Nothing wrong with sd2 ported ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
Jessica Posted August 2, 2015 Report Posted August 2, 2015 I just built a wedge box for 4 8's for my truck. If you look in the members build section for "ducks random weekend project" you can see how I ported mine. I would guess porting to the side might be best if you can get the clearance you need on one side of the box. You might try a round port as well and use precision ports on line calculator. It's about as accurate as it gets for free. Edit Here is the log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/199088-ducks-random-weekend-project-putting-the-dumb-in-randumb-7-9-update-new-pics-and-stuff/ Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.