Second Skin Audio

Weird coil readings..

smashedz28

I need a little advice. I recently sold a sub on Craigslist. Icon 12 D2. It has literally sat in my garage for over a year. When I tested the coils back in May of 2014 I got a solid 1.8 on each side. I haven't played the sub once since. The new owner tested the coils at 2.4. When wired at 1ohm he's getting 1.8.

Can anyone help US understand what's going on? Is it something to worry about? Can a sub sitting do this to the coils?

SMDSIG3.png

Tell him to cross the leads on the multi meter to get the resistance of his probes and subtract that from the number he gets.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

The sub is fine.

The reading will also vary if any noise is made while taking the reading, a mouse could fart 100 yards away and it will effect it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived