Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Question about box size and design..


Recommended Posts

Posted

With D2 coils you won't be able to wire to 1 or 4 ohms, just to 2. So you are going to be looking at around 2500 watts from your amp.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

just to 2. So you are going to be looking at around 2500 watts from your amp.

Maybe at 10 volts :peepwall:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

 

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Posted
Maybe at 10 volts :peepwall:

LOL, I don't know what they put out at 2-ohms. I just took a guess since they are rated at 5k at 1 ohm. If someone with more experience with those amps would like to educated me as to how much power to expect at 2-ohms I'd be grateful.

The bigger point I was trying to make is a single 8" port is going to be woefully inadequate.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

Panda amps are meh :peepwall: case is too big. Definitely a surfboard amp

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Posted

Maybe at 10 volts :peepwall:

LOL, I don't know what they put out at 2-ohms. I just took a guess since they are rated at 5k at 1 ohm. If someone with more experience with those amps would like to educated me as to how much power to expect at 2-ohms I'd be grateful.

The bigger point I was trying to make is a single 8" port is going to be woefully inadequate.

What do you recommend for the port then? 2 6" or 3 4"? Limited on the room I have and don't think 2 8" will happen..

Posted

What do you recommend for the port then? 2 6" or 3 4"? Limited on the room I have and don't think 2 8" will happen..

One the of tricky things about aero ports is they don't make them with exactly the port area you need, so you have to find the closest combination. Two 6" ports isn't enough, three 6" would be great and you give you some port area to spare, but they might be tough fit it. Another alternative would be six 4" ports. If you want to stick with a single port a 10" would work very well.

I realize that your space is limited, so at some point you might have to make a design compromise somewhere and just realize you can't have everything be ideal. It up to your judgement to decide how you want to do that if the need arises.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3349 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...