LoudPackRacing Posted August 12, 2015 Author Report Posted August 12, 2015 What exactly is the substage. 3kW doesn't tell everything. 3kW to a single 10"? 3kW to a pair of 15's? What about hertz esk l65.5? Do you want active or passive? Are you willing to treat the doors? Willing to glass or want stock locations? What do you normally listen to? Where do you want to cross? Need some more info here.
LoudPackRacing Posted August 12, 2015 Author Report Posted August 12, 2015 Have you went to you local shops to audition some to see what you like, all components don't sound the same. No because the shops around here don't really carry quality speakers Dont carry quality speakers or just brands you dont care for. Still it would help to know what type of tweeters you are looking for, prefer midbass over midrange etc. Its gonna be hard to get quality components for $250 but our definitions of quality may differ though. Have you shopped around to see what you like and what fights your budget? I prefer silk dome tweeters and I care for decent midbass and loud midrange..I like the sound of kickers ks components crisp tweets.
aculous Posted August 13, 2015 Report Posted August 13, 2015 I would stay away from kicker, silk dome tweets are a good idea for SQ or SQL based builds if you are going SPL I would go with a different option. PPI has a nice 3 way setup that a lot of people like that is sometimes in your price range. ($230-300 I think last time I checked they have yellow cones) A good tweeter/8" combo would be nice. If you can go active this becomes easier. The setup I have is beyma 8" with SB Acoustics tweet, I would get a metal/ceramic dome tweet if you want something loud (a little harsher but they hold up a little better then silks). Beyma 8 made for studio monitors were like 170$ and the tweet was $40. And then you can use a good headunit or amp to run active. But I would buy a component set if you can get it with a 8" in it. Makes it a little simpler and easier to get right.
Carnines Posted August 13, 2015 Report Posted August 13, 2015 https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-8-woofers/silver-flute-w20rc38-08-8-wool-cone/ Don't forget silverflute if you want a budget 8
beau123 Posted October 5, 2015 Report Posted October 5, 2015 I would stay away from kicker, silk dome tweets are a good idea for SQ or SQL based builds if you are going SPL I would go with a different option. PPI has a nice 3 way setup that a lot of people like that is sometimes in your price range. ($230-300 I think last time I checked they have yellow cones) A good tweeter/8" combo would be nice. If you can go active this becomes easier. The setup I have is beyma 8" with SB Acoustics tweet, I would get a metal/ceramic dome tweet if you want something loud (a little harsher but they hold up a little better then silks). Beyma 8 made for studio monitors were like 170$ and the tweet was $40. And then you can use a good headunit or amp to run active. But I would buy a component set if you can get it with a 8" in it. Makes it a little simpler and easier to get right. why stay away from kicker they also make quality stuff. you only need to set it up right take your time for the tuning. every set sounds different i don't like the fosgate tweets because mostly they sound harsh to my ears. but setted up right it does the trick. try the kicker qs and rs series it's all about the install( a lot of people don't believe i run kicker amps and components)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.