Sundown Audio

Old rockford amp[need info please]

Joser714

RF's older amps are stout. I have a 1999 Power 1000a1 in the wifes Malibu running a 2012 T1D412 in 1ohm and it runs it fine. Some have suggested it was beefed up to do it. Never goes into protect and works normally without over heating. Not saying you should try yours like this but just a example of how stout they are. Ran it like this in my Lancer with strong electrical and now in the 2012 Malibu on stock electrical.

IMG_2326_zps3urdazoy.jpg

I'll buy it from you lol

Idk if it works or not. I wouldn't mind selling it BUT i don't want to get crap of it doesn't work. I just don't want to be accused of anything

Connect it to some power, if the LED comes on and it doesnt go into protect, good enough for me.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

So i ended up hooking up the amp and as soon as i turned the car on i heard the subs thump so i popped the trunk open and it was smoking lol. I put it on craigslist and sold it for 85 to a guy that i guess sells old amps on ebay so he'll make some money off of me but i got it for free so even a dollar is profit. Anyways thanks for the help guys

Archived