Would getting aftermarket speakers be an improvement?

RageQuitForLife

I have a 2002 isuzu rodeo and all of the door speakers are stock right now. I was thinking about getting NVX components for the front and rear doors, my only problem is that they would only be running on the aftermarket headunit and not a separate amp. The problem I have right now is when i turn my headunit up past 17 the speakers start distorting, would the aftermarket speakers let me turn in up higher or would i still get distortion at 17?

Sorry if this is confusing

No the volume output stays constant to the power used. The power is coming form the HU so it won't change, or if it does, probably won't be to much. You will notice the biggest difference in getting a amplifier for the doors. It just gives you so much more control over it.

Edit: before someone says I am tarded. Some speakers can sound louder than others on the same power, but you won't see a huge increase in output and clarity in just changing just the speakers, as you would adding in a amplifier. You will notice the best results from adding in both components and a amp to power them.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

What headunit?

Aftermarket speakers would make a difference assuming the headunit and the settings you have on it are not the issue.

That being said I would get an amp even if it's a small one because it will sound much better than headunit power.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

No the volume output stays constant to the power used. The power is coming form the HU so it won't change, or if it does, probably won't be to much. You will notice the biggest difference in getting a amplifier for the doors. It just gives you so much more control over it.

Not really true, most stock speakers are shit with high dcr and crap quality and even the cheap aftermarket speakers usually add a lot even on headunit power.

I do agree about an amp making a bigger difference but not on 13 year old stock speakers.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Just depends on what is stock, some people can't discern the difference between the shitty, really shitty stocks, and the ones that come with a upgraded package. Those tend to be decent from what I have seen at least.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

What headunit?

Aftermarket speakers would make a difference assuming the headunit and the settings you have on it are not the issue.

That being said I would get an amp even if it's a small one because it will sound much better than headunit power.

Its a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X397

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-slt4vAz84wc/p_113KDCX397/Kenwood-Excelon-KDC-X397.html

Just depends on what is stock, some people can't discern the difference between the shitty, really shitty stocks, and the ones that come with a upgraded package. Those tend to be decent from what I have seen at least.

It is the most stock thing ever, not sure if the isuzu rodeo even has a upgraded audio package. I would count my speakers as uber shitty stock speakers

Kenwoods are usually alright.

Due to age of swap them anyways.

How do you have your settings?(such as bass,treble,eq settings, bass boost, loudness)

Then yeah, you might want to look into replacing the doors and possibly putting a amp on them.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Kenwoods are usually alright.

Due to age of swap them anyways.

How do you have your settings?(such as bass,treble,eq settings, bass boost, loudness)

first, my amp didnt come with a bass knob so i have to use the setting on the headunit

sub lvl:15 bass:0 mid:0 treble:0 bass boost:0 loudness:1

I've messed with the settings a bunch but I cant really do anything with them because my speakers will keep disorting no matter what i do on the settings

Archived