Mechman Alternators

I have a question about alternators, and wiring. My stock 65amp alternator worked alright for a while, but it is no longer charging my batteries. I knew I would eventually have to upgrade, and I intend on ordering a mechman unit on Monday. I'm running about 1200 watts rms to my system(2 6.5s, 2 6x9s and 1 10in sub), I also have 5 small LED bars, 2 air compressors, high flow electric fuel pump, dual electric fans, high compression motor, msd ignition, and all of this on top of the usual electrical system on the truck. I am running dual DieHard Platinum batteries that are less than a year old. I am thinking of going with either 240amp or 270amp G series alternators, and also doing the big 3 upgrade with 1/0 ofc wire....question is, is this overkill for the electrical system in my vehicle? Is there such thing as "too much" alternator? Also, should I leave my amps wired with 4ga wire, like the instructions suggest? Any help is appreciated. Thanks for reading.

biggest is NOT always best.

You are bagged i take it? (air comps)

Id look more at idle output, than peak........Your audio gear isnt pulling dick.

But those 2 compressors are.... and unless your driving around at high rpm when your doing "your thing".... id look at pure idle output.

Just me

No, not bagged. Lifted actually. This is for my daily/tow rig. I use the compressors for onboard air when I need to air up or use pneumatic tools. It's a small block chevy, with a 3speed auto, 4.56 gears and 37s. At highway speeds im at 3,000rpm....cruising around I'm at about 1,800rpm....the truck idles at 800rpm.

same thing..

you audio is really not much....

when your sitting there wanting to fill your tanks are you rev'd at 2k ?

or just at idle?