Second Skin Audio

Coil Burn

Lakeshow94

They know their music and turn the volume down.

It's pretty much unavoidable the days, the art of a quality recording has gone down the toilet.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

It's pretty much unavoidable the days, the art of a quality recording has gone down the toilet.

So would you suggest just resetting my gains at a lower test tone? like a -10 or -15 db tone? Especially since most of my music is clipped anyways

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

So would you suggest just resetting my gains at a lower test tone? like a -10 or -15 db tone? Especially since most of my music is clipped anyways

your thinking is wrong......

your thinking is wrong......

what would you suggest?

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

If you set at -15 you're liable to blow your speakers.

It's a slow sunday for me................ i went backwards. meant 0 odb

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

You should be using the -5 tone id expect. Are you sure you know where your DECK distorts at? Or did you set going through the amp? (bet i know the answer there)

That said, if your playing over or under tune, you can build heat,.. some songs vs others can do it, rolling a window down or up can do wierd shit, maybe that coil in that driver is a turd.... i dont know. But there is a LOT going on. Fact is, you need to know your gear/build.

You should be using the -5 tone id expect. Are you sure you know where your DECK distorts at? Or did you set going through the amp? (bet i know the answer there)

That said, if your playing over or under tune, you can build heat,.. some songs vs others can do it, rolling a window down or up can do wierd shit, maybe that coil in that driver is a turd.... i dont know. But there is a LOT going on. Fact is, you need to know your gear/build.

I used the -5 tone. My deck distorts at +11 subwoofer volume regardless of volume, +9 subwoofer volume with 28 volume. deck is a kdc x497 (4 volt pre outs). I set the deck at 0 db, the amp at -5db. Subsonic is set at 28 (fixed on the t 1500). I don't know what other info I would use to determine why it clips

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

I used the -5 tone. My deck distorts at +11 subwoofer volume regardless of volume, +9 subwoofer volume with 28 volume. deck is a kdc x497 (4 volt pre outs). I set the deck at 0 db, the amp at -5db. Subsonic is set at 28 (fixed on the t 1500). I don't know what other info I would use to determine why it clips

You set the deck at 0db, and the amp at -5? wft ?

You FIND clean deck level, set amp to that.... you cant "set" both.

Archived