Jump to content

1980 firebird radio issue


Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a 1980 firebird that I'm trying install a radio into and the previous owner cut the factory radio harness and rand his own power wire without a 12 volt constant. I want to scrap all this and run a new power wire and new 12 volt constant.how can I do this?

Posted

The battery, with an in-line fuse. Whatever size fuse your head unit has on the back (I think they're usually 10A) buy an AGL fuse of the same size and a holder for it. They should have that at any auto parts store as well.

Posted

With it being atleast an 80 model ... you should be able to trace back to the fuse panel, find the fused constant and the fused switched you need and rewire from there ...

A wiring diagram for this car should still be found at your local parts store.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 999 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...