H/O alt on my expedition

I put a 275 amp alt on my expedition and the computer controls what I charge/maintain at. I am at normal voltage but I would prefer to have 14.4 + at my amp. When I was wired at 2 ohm I would drop to around 12.4-12.6 after about 10 minutes. Now I am wired at .8 ohms and I drop to 11.7 after a few seconds. I am going to wire my subs back up but I think that if there was some way that I could get 14.4 at my amp I would be good at .8 or lower.

Is there anyway to bypass it? I know that there are probably more vehicles that the computer controls all this stuff. Any help is appreciated.

2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT CC - Will be running 2-3 DC Audion M3 8s, unsure of amp, Mechman 320 amp alt.

2005 Ford F150 - Bagged on 24s, fully shaved, raised bed floor. 

Also, I don't have that strong of a battery bank. I have 4 red tops.

2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT CC - Will be running 2-3 DC Audion M3 8s, unsure of amp, Mechman 320 amp alt.

I can't vouch for the JS alts, I haven't heard good or bad about them.

My expy is an 03, and I have a DC 270xp under the hood. That thing is a tank. Cold, I get 14.9v at the amps with about 12 feet of wire running from the back to the VM-1 1 up front. Hot I get 14.5 and it's not externally regulated/

To answer your question, there is a way to bypass it. You would need an external regulator but they can put alot of stress on your alt.

How are you measuring voltage? And are these readings at idle or what engine rpm? When your voltage drops, does it stay that low or jump back up? Your electrical needs time to react and adjust to the demand. Have you done the big 3, if so, how did you go about it?

275A should be plenty of alt for 3.5k as long as the alt does what it's rated for.

Also, I don't have that strong of a battery bank. I have 4 red tops.

A good battery bank will only help you hold 12.6 ish, no matter how many batteries you have. Staying above that is all up to your alternator.

I am measuring voltage at the amp pos and neg terminal. I also have a stand alone volt meter but it is garbage. It reads 12.0 and Im getting 13 at the amp. Readings are at idle, the voltage picks back up to 13 at the amp. My battery bank goes back to 13 as well. I have not done my big 3 yet.

I am also running stock batt underhood and seeing the same voltage there.

mla module will help with the pcm, but it will cost you. if you do internally regulated alternator charge light will come on, but voltage will be better.the problem is you already have an externally regulated alternator. mla module will trick your pcm into charging higher voltage, and not dipping into the 12.4s

Running an h/o alt on the stock wiring only is a big no no, get the big 3 done asap.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived