H/O alt on my expedition

mla module will help with the pcm, but it will cost you. if you do internally regulated alternator charge light will come on, but voltage will be better.the problem is you already have an externally regulated alternator. mla module will trick your pcm into charging higher voltage, and not dipping into the 12.4s

I am pretty sure I have an internally regulated alt. If it was externally regulated I should have the voltage that I want. If I am wrong please let me know and also how would I adjust it?

2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT CC - Will be running 2-3 DC Audion M3 8s, unsure of amp, Mechman 320 amp alt.

2005 Ford F150 - Bagged on 24s, fully shaved, raised bed floor. 

I am measuring voltage at the amp pos and neg terminal. I also have a stand alone volt meter but it is garbage. It reads 12.0 and Im getting 13 at the amp. Readings are at idle, the voltage picks back up to 13 at the amp. My battery bank goes back to 13 as well. I have not done my big 3 yet.

Do your big 3, your alt will be so much happier. Alt case to frame, bat neg to frame, bat bank neg to frame, alt pos to front bat positive. Front bat pos to rear bat bank.

Use a reliable volt meter. A fluke meter will be accurate, but won't keep up with quick spikes and drops. You need analog for that, like the VM-1.

Is your alt a hairpin? You should raise your engine RPM's while you are leaning on it.

Running an h/o alt on the stock wiring only is a big no no, get the big 3 done asap.

I have some wire coming in from Droppinhz so I will see if I can get it done real quick. Thank You.

2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT CC - Will be running 2-3 DC Audion M3 8s, unsure of amp, Mechman 320 amp alt.

week elec on a expedition

Is this yours? What engine is in it?

I am measuring voltage at the amp pos and neg terminal. I also have a stand alone volt meter but it is garbage. It reads 12.0 and Im getting 13 at the amp. Readings are at idle, the voltage picks back up to 13 at the amp. My battery bank goes back to 13 as well. I have not done my big 3 yet.

Do your big 3, your alt will be so much happier. Alt case to frame, bat neg to frame, bat bank neg to frame, alt pos to front bat positive. Front bat pos to rear bat bank.

Use a reliable volt meter. A fluke meter will be accurate, but won't keep up with quick spikes and drops. You need analog for that, like the VM-1.

Is your alt a hairpin? You should raise your engine RPM's while you are leaning on it.

Right now I have my rear bank power wire coming straight from the alt, should I change that? Right now I have a Craftsman dmm and it keeps up with the spikes pretty good. Also, I should mention that I also had the a/c on full blast while checking but it only changes the volts about .1-.2.

mla module will help with the pcm, but it will cost you. if you do internally regulated alternator charge light will come on, but voltage will be better.the problem is you already have an externally regulated alternator. mla module will trick your pcm into charging higher voltage, and not dipping into the 12.4s

I am pretty sure I have an internally regulated alt. If it was externally regulated I should have the voltage that I want. If I am wrong please let me know and also how would I adjust it?

internally regulated means its set to charge at a voltage point hot and cold to whatever voltage. externally regulated means its controlled by your factory plug, that says 12.4 is all you need...my alts are internally set at 14.6 cold and 14.3 hot no factory plugs.. hope this helps.

Running an h/o alt on the stock wiring only is a big no no, get the big 3 done asap.

I have some wire coming in from Droppinhz so I will see if I can get it done real quick. Thank You.

2/0 OFC for the win!!

2/0 OFC for the win!!

1/0 CCA and my pocket will thank me to.

Archived