Aaron Tuck TBA Posted September 13, 2015 Report Posted September 13, 2015 I'm putting 2 15s into the trunk of my 2000 cavalier. 2 DD 9515j's. I have max dimensions of 36.5w x 18h x 30d. I have some pictures I'll upload of my Google Sketch up model once the finish uploading on PB. I'd like some opinions if it will well as a daily/occasional comp box. 2000 Cavalier 4 doorXS D925XS D2400XS D31004 runs of 1/0 Mechman 270 2 DD 9515js
Aaron Tuck TBA Posted September 13, 2015 Author Report Posted September 13, 2015 2000 Cavalier 4 doorXS D925XS D2400XS D31004 runs of 1/0 Mechman 270 2 DD 9515js
Aaron Tuck TBA Posted September 13, 2015 Author Report Posted September 13, 2015 2000 Cavalier 4 doorXS D925XS D2400XS D31004 runs of 1/0 Mechman 270 2 DD 9515js
Triticum Agricolam Posted September 13, 2015 Report Posted September 13, 2015 How much power are you going to be running? Your baffle does not need to be 4 layers thick, anything more than two is just a waste of weight and material. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Aaron Tuck TBA Posted September 13, 2015 Author Report Posted September 13, 2015 I'll be strapping a pair of Twisted Sounds 3.5ks at 1 ohm. I made it 4 layer because the baffle doesn't have much surface area to add any strength. It's barely large enough for the woofer. Plus I'm was sure if I trusted 2 layers to support 150 lbs of woofers. 2000 Cavalier 4 doorXS D925XS D2400XS D31004 runs of 1/0 Mechman 270 2 DD 9515js
mcfalcon Posted September 13, 2015 Report Posted September 13, 2015 2 would be fine. The larger the area the more stress the woofer would put on the wood. It's easier to bend a long piece of wood then a short piece. Still learning but have started gathering.
Aaron Tuck TBA Posted September 13, 2015 Author Report Posted September 13, 2015 I read somewhere that the extra baffles can also help with score. Thicker baffle helps direct pressure. Or something like that trying to learn. 2000 Cavalier 4 doorXS D925XS D2400XS D31004 runs of 1/0 Mechman 270 2 DD 9515js
n8ball2013 Posted September 13, 2015 Report Posted September 13, 2015 What direction are you firing THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Aaron Tuck TBA Posted September 13, 2015 Author Report Posted September 13, 2015 Oops forget to say this is a trunk wall build. 2000 Cavalier 4 doorXS D925XS D2400XS D31004 runs of 1/0 Mechman 270 2 DD 9515js
n8ball2013 Posted September 13, 2015 Report Posted September 13, 2015 I think your. Measurement for height is wrong. I couldn't get that much in my 01. Are you building in the trunk? THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.