Second Skin Audio

can I get some input before I build

Aaron Tuck TBA

my dealer had recommended 3-3.5 per driver for a more spl based daily box. Ill be pushing them with around 8-9k daily. i always thought for the most part go a little bit smaller on airspace for better control at higher power levels. If that not correct? Also i was told the thicker baffle help focus the rearward sound wave. there has to be a reason big spl guys build thick baffles....

thicker walls are more of a requirement for taller walls. your only doing 2 subs with a center port. the center port adds support for each sub. in a wall 3 subs or more, there is more area to allow flew.

I'm no designer, but don't DD like tons of port area? Like, tons? I wouldn't trade port area for box space here though, you're already on the small side. 3 net per sounds awfully small.

i havent traded anything for port area. i first decided the largest face i can fit in the opening. put 2 15s in it then seen how big of a port i could fit. so 36.5 wide and 2 15.5 o.d. subs leaves me with 5.5" wide port.

2000 Cavalier 4 door
XS D925
XS D2400
XS D3100
4 runs of 1/0
Mechman 270

2 DD 9515js

my dealer had recommended 3-3.5 per driver for a more spl based daily box. Ill be pushing them with around 8-9k daily. i always thought for the most part go a little bit smaller on airspace for better control at higher power levels. If that not correct? Also i was told the thicker baffle help focus the rearward sound wave. there has to be a reason big spl guys build thick baffles....

thicker walls are more of a requirement for taller walls. your only doing 2 subs with a center port. the center port adds support for each sub. in a wall 3 subs or more, there is more area to allow flew.

but only 2 layers for 150lbs of woofer held horizontally?

2000 Cavalier 4 door
XS D925
XS D2400
XS D3100
4 runs of 1/0
Mechman 270

2 DD 9515js

I have 2 SP4 15's in 2 laters of 3/4in . yes it holds

20140823_185304_zpsrr1mvdtl.jpg

Use good wood and it shouldn't be a problem. That may be a lot of weight, but the edges of the box are so close to the sub cutout the weight only has to be supported over a very small distance. If the walls of the box were a foot away from the sub cutout things might be different.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived