DD-1 Question

Going from -10dB to -7.5dB is cutting the output in half almost. That's a 2.5dB loss, and 3dB loss is half the output. The fact that you didn't notice it goes to show alllll of the people who think doubling power means double the audible output (you know who you are if you read this, and you're wrong) ;)

But back on topic. I think the -10db tone is safe to use, just as long as you know if you start smelling coil, or your voltage is dropping more than normal, you need to turn the volume down. It's what I do, because I like to get the most I can out of my music with the equipment I have. Some songs need full tilt, others can't do it. It's the way it is, knowing your equipment, learning which songs are recorded louder than others, etc.

Going from -10dB to -7.5dB is cutting the output in half almost. That's a 2.5dB loss, and 3dB loss is half the output. The fact that you didn't notice it goes to show alllll of the people who think doubling power means double the audible output (you know who you are if you read this, and you're wrong) ;)

But back on topic. I think the -10db tone is safe to use, just as long as you know if you start smelling coil, or your voltage is dropping more than normal, you need to turn the volume down. It's what I do, because I like to get the most I can out of my music with the equipment I have. Some songs need full tilt, others can't do it. It's the way it is, knowing your equipment, learning which songs are recorded louder than others, etc.

I agree I listened to mine full tilt for the better part of a year and by what the DD-1 shows with distortion but still never did smell any voice coils so I may just use the DD-1 for my mids amps and HU but setup my subs by ear cause they hit a lot better even if there is distortion I never could tell...

It's yours to do what you will with. I won't advise that to anyone anymore after knowing the proper ways to set gains, but as long as you listen/sniff for the warning signs, you might be ok. At least for a little while.

So I have setup everything with my DD-1 but now my subs have maybe half as much bass as before, so my question is is that all my amps are capable of putting out with clean power?

check the crossover settings on your stereo, you might still have it on the highest freq,

Which would do what for his output?

Edited by rockFord_Expedition

So I have setup everything with my DD-1 but now my subs have maybe half as much bass as before, so my question is is that all my amps are capable of putting out with clean power?

check the crossover settings on your stereo, you might still have it on the highest freq,

i set mine today, and forgot to put the crossover in my hu back to thru, and my bass was maybe half than normal

i set mine today, and forgot to put the crossover in my hu back to thru, and my bass was maybe half than normal

I thought you were talking about which freq the LPF was set to, my bad.