passive crossover switch functions

MOHpro

I have passive crossovers for my components. There are 3 switches on them. One switch has 2 positions, 12db or 18db. One switch is.labeled "mid" and has 2 positions, high and flat. The third switch is labeled "Tw." And has 3 positions, 0, -3db, and -6db. If anyone knows what the functions of these 3 switches are could you please let me know and also what the "effect" would be for each position of each switch. Thanks.

When you bought these they didn't have a manual of some sort? No make and model number to look on the manufacturers site to see if they tell you what it is?

The 12 or 18dB switch is the steepness of slope of the crossover, so it can either be set to attenuate at 12dB per octave, or 18dB.

Mid high flat: I'm not sure.

TW 0 -3 -6: how much attenuation to the signal. 0 obviously means no attenuation. -3 is -3dB, meaning half of the power, -6dB is cutting half the power in half, so only a quarter of the original power with no attenuation.

I would hook 'em up on a bench and play them and move the switches to the different positions to figure out what sounds best to you. Now, when they are in the environment of the car you may want something a little different, but that would get you in the ball park. Ideally you would try them mounted in the car with the switches in different positions, but sometimes installs don't allow for that.

Every install is a little different, so no one can really tell you where you should set them. It's your system, so do what sounds the best to you.

Mid/high level adjustment.

Fitting the drive units high up in the vehicle requires the mode " Mid flat " to be used. Doing so will ensure the overall response curve of the system remains linear . Fitting the drive units low in the vehicle, especially in the bottom of the door for example, requires the mode "Mid High" to be used. Doing so will ensure such normally directional frequencies are not "masked" or lost in the textiles of the vehicle.

Archived