Think i can get the 150db?

sbg

Moves some air. Not a good song at all to move air, but I seen it was so pulled out the cell quick... Other songs at lower hz move way more.

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

try 8 c/f and 3 6" aeros, sub up/port back, that would get louder than the slot port i assume

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you are just trying to get it to 150 then Id do this:

Build one enclosure that sounds perfect on music...just how you like it. Thats super easy.

Then build a few different ones to test/tune and use as your SPL enclosure. If you can break 150 with that gear youre honestly doing something wrong.

Anywho, heres what to do...1) enclosure is way too tall....make it shorter so air can pass over top 2) switch to aeroports, far easier to tune 3) go with a much smaller box. For SPL id suggest doing about 5 cubic feet. Or if you have more time on the sensor to play around then start at 6 cubic feet and keep cutting the box smaller and smaller and re-testing. 4) Deadening different areas of the cabin helps a shit-ton. Up to 5-6db. But can also hurt the score quite severely at times. 5) Play with your interior...thats a huge gain right there...seat position, glove box, center console, vents, visors, etc

I will say this though....After this experience you will likely go with smaller woofers from now on if trying to build an SPL setup in an SUV. Ive been in a similar situation...Running 2 18s in a little 84 s10 blazer trying to get it loud. And only managed 151.7db. Mind you, I didnt test much and only built one box all year but there wasnt much I could change because those woofers were shoe-horned in the cargo area so tightly. You would be louder running a single 15 than you will running your single 21 because you have much more enclosure options. The trick is finding the cone area/enclosure volume sweet spot for your vehicle...usually its far smaller than youd think.

Welcome to the world of SPL....it gets frustrating as hell

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
********LOOKING FOR NEW GROUND POUNDER TO BUILD********

1981 Malibu Wagon - Iron Block LS, Single Turbo, Nitrous, 6 Speed, Pump Gas, street car. --UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Goals are to make 1000 rwhp and 9 second quarter mile

1997 Explorer 157.8. Street C 2nd place 2007 San Mateo dbdrag world finals. (totalled)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived