Second Skin Audio

Box for 3 12's, Aeroport

piccolo

U can try to justify it and explains it better but it's irrelevant..there is such thing as too much port...you're the one clearly stuck in your ways...I'll put money in it that I'm right..and I did say before that there are factors but s good generalization is what I said...every sub is different, every box is different..but if you're gonna continue to say that there's no such thing as too much port and u want the same amount of port for a slot as u would with an aero, keep misinforming people

Look, I did not say there is no such thing as too much port, what I said is "It is extremely difficult to have too much port area". Usually the problem you run into with increasing port area is the port becomes too long to be feasible or you start having issues with pipe resonance. While those are still problems associated with the port, they still aren't "too much port area". Can you explain to me why if having too much port area does bad things, these bad things don't happen at lower volume levels where port velocity is low?

Now I have explained my point of view and why I think I'm correct. I can get more technical if anyone wants too. So far your explaination for your point of view has been "I'll put money in it that I'm right", which is somewhat less than convincing. I know I'm not going to change your mind on this, but for the benefit of everyone else, can you explain why you think you are right? Can you tell me what you think the result is of having too much port and why whatever it is happens? Do you have examples to give of where you have experienced "too much port"?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived