What's the difference? coaxial/mids and tweeters

Go-N-Def

I just read all of this and I'm still not sure I understand the question.

If the concern is to be able to hook a mid and a tweeter up to the same amp channel the way you can with a coax, then... yes. You can totally do that with a passive crossover network that comes with most component sets.

If you're buying raw drivers like the ones you mentioned, you can still accomplish this by building your own crossovers (which isn't worth the trouble, imo) or just buy prefab ones from Parts Express or the like.

If your amp or HU is active capable... no worries.

As an aside and concerning coaxials in general... what most people don't realize is that a coaxial arrangement is actually superior to a component set where the tweeter and woofer are more than a 1/4 wavelength apart at the crossover. Ideally you want all the sound coming from a single "point source". The problem is that most coax are shitty. And the woofer usually runs full range which can introduce problems, but biampable or passively crossed coax exist. The ONLY other reasonable concern might be stage height depending. That's about it.

Just so we all know there are bi ampable coaxials out there some being very highend with great sound.

Also lots of convertible component sets out there too.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I just read all of this and I'm still not sure I understand the question.

If the concern is to be able to hook a mid and a tweeter up to the same amp channel the way you can with a coax, then... yes. You can totally do that with a passive crossover network that comes with most component sets.

If you're buying raw drivers like the ones you mentioned, you can still accomplish this by building your own crossovers (which isn't worth the trouble, imo) or just buy prefab ones from Parts Express or the like.

If your amp or HU is active capable... no worries.

As an aside and concerning coaxials in general... what most people don't realize is that a coaxial arrangement is actually superior to a component set where the tweeter and woofer are more than a 1/4 wavelength apart at the crossover. Ideally you want all the sound coming from a single "point source". The problem is that most coax are shitty. And the woofer usually runs full range which can introduce problems, but biampable or passively crossed coax exist. The ONLY other reasonable concern might be stage height depending. That's about it.

Well seems you beat me too it and as always you posted great info.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived