lets hear your thoughts on this set up...changing vehicles.

holtzer1

quick background, kid went to his first comp last month

97 grand cherokee, 2xfl 15s on hifonics zrx2400.1, 7.5 cubic foot tuned to 38, peak at 44hz 143.5db on music

next comp

took subs and box from 97 and put it in my 04 grand cherokee, put the subs on a vfl 175.1 amp, new front and rear batteries. peaked at 46hz, 146.7db on music

termlab, on the windshield

in orded to up the numbers a bit more and try to touch 150, i came across a good deal on a 95 extended cab s10 and picked it up. we plan on putting the gear in that...the new enclosure is going to be 5.5 cf and tuned to 44hz, im kicking around whether to do a single 8 or dual 6 aero ports...the dual 6 would be much easier as parts are more readily available for me to do that around here.

with that said...talked to a few spl guys and they have slightly different approaches. one says for sure 8 inch port, other says the 6s will be just fine. subs will be firing forward with ports up...

assuming solid electrical, do you believe 150 is attainable in this vehicle with this equipment? or at least a better number than the 146.7 we did at the last show.

You changing vehicels just to see if it is louder? The Jeep would have worked great. Now someone with one doing 160. Sounds like your box has issues. Do big port. What is your voltage on system at tilt?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

We are changing vehicles for multiple reasons. One, I'm tired of our daily drivers getting rattled literally to pieces...this put equipment in a dedicated vehicle that I'm not too concerned about cosmetically in the long run. Ext cab s10 is a whole lot smaller..therefore in theory should get louder. We aren't interested in music too much...but in his class he has to play music, so we have to find a happy medium. The box was built to specs provided to us by Bob at American bass.this new enclosure...by a couple spl guys.

a 50 should be pretty attainable in that vehicle if you got some good advice from SPL guys who know what they are doing.

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

• 2 weeks later...

Archived