Sonic Electronix

Is there a proper way to wire up rear batteries

Is there a specific way to wire up secondary/battery banks? Currently I'm just running one d975 in the back (interstate mt7 under the hood) and my wiring goes from 0g from the battery to a dist block, then one 4g to a t1500 and one 4g to the d975, then from the d975 I have 4g to the t400x4. Going to be changing the t1500 to a zapco 3k and adding an xp 3000. Is there a specific way to wire additional batteries? Before dist block? after dist block but on the mono block side vs the 4 channel side? Any input is appreciated.

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

I swear I posted this in electrical................

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

Wire both Batts together then wire from one batt to your distribution block.

You could also just run the wires to your amps straight off the rear batts with appropriate fusing of course.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

so front battery----->rear xp3000------>d975-------->one run of power to each amp fused? Would ring terminals be sufficient or would you recommend battery terminals? if so use something like these http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_38803_XS-Power-580.html%C2'> ?

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

The ring terminals will be fine since you only have a couple runs but some terminals would make it look a lot cleaner.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Oh ok cool. I figured that ring terminals would be fine. I'll probably end up doing the battery terminals anyways.

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

Wire in parallel with front, making sure to fuse on both sides of your front to back run. My personal preference is to ground amp to battery and batteries to strut tower or frame, depending on vehicle

I should add that with rear batts, there really isn't a need for a distribution block as you can use the positive terminals for your wires.

Archived