USE THAT AMP RIGHT MEOW

you have a killer piece of oldschool gear there. If you don't buy it, I could almost 100% guarantee somebody here would love to buy that from you.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

USE THAT AMP RIGHT MEOW

you have a killer piece of oldschool gear there. If you don't buy it, I could almost 100% guarantee somebody here would love to buy that from you.

the punch 250a2 will work nicely... I used to run 2 of those on 4 boston 5x7's.... they got nice and loud... both my birth sheets said way more than the rated 60watts but I cant remember since this was back in 1999.... I loved my 250a2'a and 800a2's!!!!!

Awesome, since I'm on an extrremely low budget, I'm gonna go ahead and use it. I'll figure out something to get it all wired up, probably just get an El cheapo 10 gauge amp install kit and a set of RCA's to run under the back seat. Then I need to find a way to re route the rear speaker wires down from the sound bar. Oh how I love cutting into the factory loom <_<

Edit: Should i just get a roll or 2 of 10 gauge, a fuse holder and a set of RCA's? or just get the install kit? I'd like it to be fast, but I also don't want alot of extra wire left over from the install kit. Any opinions welcome. Thanks!

Quick question, I found a set of Arc Audio 5009 5.25" 2 way components for sale.. I have no idea how they sound compared to my kicker 5.25 coaxials let alone how they sound in general. Should I stick with the kickers for now or go ahead and try to get these speakers? Thanks!

As for a wiring kit there is nothing wrong at all with just buying the parts separately. Kits are just nice because they have everything you need (hopefully) all in one place, and you might save some money not buying more than you need. But that depends on the kit.

As for the speakers, I doubt it would be a huge upgrade. I would just stick to the kickers.

As for a wiring kit there is nothing wrong at all with just buying the parts separately. Kits are just nice because they have everything you need (hopefully) all in one place, and you might save some money not buying more than you need. But that depends on the kit.

As for the speakers, I doubt it would be a huge upgrade. I would just stick to the kickers.

Alright, I remember hearing Performance Audio in Vegas say something about how nice they are. I'll take your advice though. Thanks!

They are nice, as a brand, but for the money, I would stick with the kickers for now aswell. Especially if you are on a budget. Really sucks buying gear on a tight budget just to end up not liking how it sounds.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I didn't get much done on the jeep today cause it was garage clean up. Here goes some pictures and I'll explain what happened with the Rockford amp im going to use.

E8A73CEF-9B10-43B1-A040-A1353D9862E3_zps

These grub screw holes were stripped to all hell, so i grabbed some 1/4" all thread and made new screws, I didn"t get a picture of the holes before, but here they are after I ran a 1/4-20 tap through them.

BA29EDDF-142B-4439-8DC4-8CE43918FDE1_zps

6CBF9B7E-554A-42F6-96D3-AEB108BF92DC_zps

Turned out nicely. Now the power and ground will actually be clamped in the hole. Next thing that needed to be made was a wire harness for the "high input" plug spot.

F9790F5E-7605-4882-9F35-A650E48D2CCA_zps

These are just some weatherpack connector pieces that I smashed down to fit over the lugs in the plug port.

13454BF1-93DA-43F6-8B36-B6A1BDA6C282_zps

Figured I'd start here with replacing all the red positive wires with blue cause I like blue.

078F7992-6394-404B-A3BE-33FC20BE2EB9_zps

Seems like it should work just how the normal plug would work. On a side note, I vaccumed up just about 40 spiders today as a result of garage clean up. If you must have an exact number, it was 38 spiders. :bad:

Thanks for checkin back!

I didn't get much done on the jeep today cause it was garage clean up. Here goes some pictures and I'll explain what happened with the Rockford amp im going to use.

E8A73CEF-9B10-43B1-A040-A1353D9862E3_zps

These grub screw holes were stripped to all hell, so i grabbed some 1/4" all thread and made new screws, I didn"t get a picture of the holes before, but here they are after I ran a 1/4-20 tap through them.

BA29EDDF-142B-4439-8DC4-8CE43918FDE1_zps

6CBF9B7E-554A-42F6-96D3-AEB108BF92DC_zps

Turned out nicely. Now the power and ground will actually be clamped in the hole. Next thing that needed to be made was a wire harness for the "high input" plug spot.

F9790F5E-7605-4882-9F35-A650E48D2CCA_zps

These are just some weatherpack connector pieces that I smashed down to fit over the lugs in the plug port.

13454BF1-93DA-43F6-8B36-B6A1BDA6C282_zps

Figured I'd start here with replacing all the red positive wires with blue cause I like blue.

078F7992-6394-404B-A3BE-33FC20BE2EB9_zps

Seems like it should work just how the normal plug would work. Thanks for the insight everybody, helps a bunch! On a side note, I vaccumed up just about 40 spiders today as a result of garage clean up. If you must have an exact number, it was 38 spiders. :bad:

Thanks for checkin back!

Archived